north carolina

~lacy's pov~
my apartment wasn't what i expected it to be. it was huge! well not huge but it was like my room back home times 4. then again my room was tiny. i unpacked while listening to my favorite playlist made by me. it's called gasping for air and it's my comfort/cry songs. i listen to them when i'm stressed or my ears just need to be blessed. i figured out where everything was going to go and i would start setting up later in the day. as for now it was almost 4am and i needed to get some sleep. i was almost asleep when my phone buzzed and wouldn't stop. i checked it and it was from josh, one of my best friends brothers. he has the biggest crush on my and we flirt a lot.

josh: hey darlin, lmk if you're safe
josh: darlin it's been an hour, is your flight ok?
josh: lacy?
josh: lacy!
josh: ugh i'm breaking up w you.
josh: istg lacy
josh: wtv just ignore me.

i just shook my head, my phone must've just decided to send all the texts that were sent over the span of 8 hours.
me: josh, i'm safe. i'm tired. <3
that's good enough. i turned my do not disturb on and fell asleep.
when i woke up it was 11am. jeez if i want to get anywhere with shopping and unpacking i'd better start now. i put on leggings and a t-shirt realizing i forgot sweatshirts. dang. i guess i'll have to get some while shopping. i have a car that's in the parking lot with a note from my friends. it basically said i can't get around without a car and that they miss me already. i text both of them thank you so much and hop in. the car next to me beeps and i jump. there's a boy with a light blue hoodie on and his hood is up so i can't see his face. he walks kind of weird. whatever. i drive away and get all my shopping done.
when i get back to the apartment it's 5pm and i decide i want to take a nap. i put all my bags down and hop straight into bed.
"AH STOP YOU JERK!"
"GET OUT"
"IM GONNA KICK YOU BRO"
"IM CALLING MY MOM"
i woke up 4 different times to somebody screaming. the third time i got up and checked the time. 8pm. so it wasn't super late but still, the dude doesn't have to scream. i put my hair in a messy bun and realize i forgot to buy hoodies. i walk over to my door and walk out.
"BRO WHAT THE HONK!"
i hesitate to knock but i do anyways. i take a step back and wait. nothing. i stand there for a minute but i don't hear anything.
"no haha probably just the landlord telling me to shut up... george shut up! no i'm not going to get kicked out!"
i decide to start to walk away. he sounds like he's going to quiet down.
i open my door and step inside. right as i'm shutting it i hear another scream.
"YES SHE WAS VERY ATTRACTIVE OK SHUT UP MAN" i slam open my door and knock on his door again. this time i hear footsteps.
"mr. fotslof i'm sorry i know i was being loud but the room next to me is vacant and it's only 8ish." he says through the door. i don't think he's going to open it so i take matters into my own hands. i turn the knob on the door and push the door in. the doors are slightly heavy so they don't open super quickly. the first thing i see is a chair tipped over on the ground.
"ay man what the hell thats breaking an entry!" he yells from behind the door. i shut the door and finally see the boy whose been screaming for the past hour.
~karl's pov~
i'm laying on the ground from being knocked by the door opening. my landlord has been getting at me for the past few months for being too loud. but it's not the landlord. as the door slowly shuts a girl reveals herself. my stream is still going so they're seeing all of this.
"oh my gosh no way! it's you!" she says turning around and putting her hands behind her head.
"you asshole! you seriously can't.." she starts.
"hey calm down! you just broke into my house! i'm sorry i know i've been loud!" i say putting my hands up as if i'm surrendering.
"dude. what the hell is going on in here."
"i'm a streamer on twitch. i have thousands of viewers and they're all watching right now. so yeah wanna say hi maybe?" i realized i was being a complete jerk and this didn't look good for either of us.
"look. i just moved here and i'm tired and still figuring stuff out. please just be quiet that's all i really care about. i'm sorry for breaking in, that was kind of insane but uh bye." she says and leaves. i get up from the group and go check my chat.
user1637: wait what just happened?
hannafaja: did he just get robbed?
karlsfloofyhair:karl u good?
everyone was blowing it up super confused. i put my headset back on and george is laughing about what is happening and why a random girl was screaming.
"i got to go bye." i say and disconnect from the stream and lobby. i pull out my phone and there's already so many texts. chandler asking if that was her, chris telling me to come over in the morning and jimmy answering a question i had asked earlier. i was so flustered i decided to just lay down for awhile. i set my phone down and doze off. by the time i wake up its pitch black out and my phone has a bajillion notifications from twitter. it's people trying to find the girl. nobody knows her name except me and i doubt they were able to see her well from the stream. i decide i should probably tweet about the situation.