back again

i was sleeping. dreaming about work, about the days to come, about so many different thing when i hear a loud yell. immediately my eyes flutter open wondering who yelled. i've been living in the same apartment as always, moving on with my life. i even had a boyfriend. if you can believe it. his name is clay. i actually found him through mrbeast, he did a video with him. we have been together about 4 months now, i'm pretty proud of the relationship. he's a minecraft streamer, but i don't follow along with all of that. of course i support him but that's his thing to do and i have mine. i don't want to take his friends. i leave it to him.
i sit up in my bed and listen. the apartments on both sides of me are empty, or at least they have been for the past year. karl jacobs used to live there. i can't even explain that story. it was maybe three months of toxicity. we kissed once, i got an injury and he left. so much confusion came from that. but i'm kind of glad it happened. i was able to look back on all the things i did wrong. i was such a rude person. over and over again i messed up. but a little after he left i became self aware and changed for the better. i haven't seen nor talked to karl jacobs in the past year. there has been zero communication. i know that he has been active for awhile now and he has started talking to the beast crew again.
"WHAT THE HONK!" i hear from the left of me. immediately my eyes go wide and i nearly pass out. those three words. the three words that i hadn't heard in so long. the words that only the boy i once ruined said. i get up cautiously. wait stop. i can't go over there, what if it's not even him? well there's still someone in there... but what if he doesn't want to talk? what would i even say? i sit back on the bed and pick up my phone. it's 1:30am.

clay❣️
i'm playing with the boys tonight, if you text me i might not reply. i love you, sleep well. ❤️

texted two hours ago. i had fallen asleep already. i don't know his friends. he tells me about george and sapnap but other than those two i don't know the names of the others.
i hear a very loud wheeze and giggle from the room beside me. it has to be him. i move slowly to the door afraid of what to say. there's a good chance he's streaming, like clay does. i open my door and step out into the hallway. more laughter comes from the other room. i stand in front of the door, all the bad memories coming back to me. how toxic everything was. how messed up everything was. without thinking, i bring my hand up and knock on the door. i hear a short pause from the noise inside and slow footsteps to the door. the knob turns and i look down, not wanting to see the face of the person who potentially ruined me. the shows give it away. it's him. i slowly make my way up his body, looking at the way he's healthier. his eyes show confusion and fear. he looks back at his monitor then back at me. oh shit, i'm supposed to say something here.
"you're probably uh.. streaming but can you keep it down a little bit? i was sleeping." i say nervously. he nods then starts to shut the door.
"welcome back." i say as it's almost closed. it pauses for a moment and i see his brown eyes peek out from behind it. his full face appears and he points up, referring to the rooftop. "later" he mouths. i don't when later is, but i nod. the door shuts and i hear a wheeze that only i'm used to hearing. my boy. i knock again but there's no response. is he friends with clay? i go back to my apartment and sit on the counter. it's nearly 2 now.

(the only reason lacys name doesn't have any emojis is because she wouldn't see her own name but it's just there so you guys know)

lacy
hey bub, if you're still up can i speak to you? whenever is fine if you're busy. i love you😽

clay❣️
i'm still talking with some of my friends but what is it?

lacy
are you friends with karl jacobs?

clay❣️
yeah
i know you guys have a little bit of history so i just didn't say anything
i didn't want to hurt your feelings

lacy
it's okay, i'm not mad
okay well it's late and i'm going to go to bed, goodnight ❤️

clay❣️
goodnight but if you're mad at me please tell me. i love you.

so he is friends with him. interesting. i go over to my bed and lay down. i think about all the things that have happened in the short amount of time. maybe it was a dream, but i don't think so.

i wake up to a knock on the door and my immediate thought goes to karl. it always does. i try and fix my hair and look presentable but another knock insists that i go to the door. on the other side of the door is a blonde tall green eyes boy. i scream and hug him. clay. my boyfriend. my love. it's the first time i've ever hugged him. first time i've ever seen him in person. the comfort and love in the hug radiates. my eyes are wet but out of the corner of them i see a figure. i step out of the hug and wipe my eyes. karl is standing outside of his door with his eyes and jaw wide open. clay follows my glance and immediately smiles and starts to laugh.

"shit dude, i forgot you live right next to lacy." the boys hug while i awkwardly stand there. it was their first time meeting too, on accident. we say our goodbyes to karl and head inside my apartment. clay and i just talk all day and eventually watch the movie. soon enough clay falls asleep on my shoulder. i smile to myself and keep on watching the movie. it gets late so clay and i move to the bed and he falls asleep almost immediately. i'm about to fall asleep when my phone dings.

(hi sorry for the lack of information or writing about clay and lacy but the stories about karl and lacy so i'm just focusing on getting to that point.)