aux

i wake up forgetting everything that's happened. soon enough i realize that i am technically single, i am laying on the floor, and i'm alone. my back hurts and i can feel that my eyes are puffy due to all the crying. i slowly get up and move to the kitchen, i have to eat. the last breakup i had, i didn't eat for a week. i ended up getting extremely sick. opening the refrigerator, i realize there's nothing in there. i need to go to the store. i walk to the bathroom and look in the mirror. my hair looks insane and mascara is stained on my cheeks. my face is red and i already feel it starting to break out. i grab my brush and run it through my knotty hair. after about five minutes it's good enough and i put it in a messy bun. as for my face, i clean it off and put on some new mascara. i don't feel pretty, a pretty girl would still have a boyfriend. i grab my phone and make my way to the door. i slowly open it and see karl on the other side. he's sitting facing my door and is asleep. i kneel down and tap his shoulder. his eyes flutter open.

"hey karl, you can go to your room you know." i say, trying to be genuine.

"i know, where are you going?" he mumbles.

"the store, i have no food."

"i have food."

"good for you?"

"smart ass, come on." he says getting up and leading me to his room. i follow and notice that the place is a mess. he stops and turns back to look at me. i can see that he is embarrassed by the mess and he picks up some things from the floor.
i make my way over to the kitchen and start to look through the cupboards. he has a lot of things but none look appealing.

"we could get donuts?" he asks and i turn around. he's standing behind the counter watching me. i nod and we start to walk out. we go outside and to karls car. it's a small black car but it's comfy. he switches on the radio then looks at me.

"aux?" he motions to a cord.

"sure." i connect the cord to my phone and 'home' by edith whiskers starts to play. the way the song hits you depends on your mood. it can make you extremely happy or can upset you. i look at karl and try to read his face, he shows no emotion. he starts up the car and drives. the whole entire song i'm looking at him and trying to understand how the song effects him. the song ends and he looks at me.

"didn't get much out of that, did you?" he smirks. i look straight forward and look to see what plays next. sofia by clairo starts to play and his face lights up. i notice how he likes the song so i play it louder. the song ends as we pull up to a donuts shop. i disconnect my phone from aux and we sit and eat our donuts. we don't talk much but it's nice. karl grabs for the aux cord and plays sweater weather. i give him a questionable look trying to ask him if he's bisexual. he turns the music down a little bit.

"no. i don't label myself as anything really but there's a chance i could be asexual but i'm not fully there yet." he doesn't seem uncomfortable talking about this. he gives me a look that asks me about my sexuality.

"i'm bisexual but more into guys. it's uh- nevermind." i almost brought up something that should not be shared with karl yet. we barely know eachother.

"cool, cool." he turns up the music a little more. i close my eyes and lay my head back as he starts to drive home. the song ends and another starts to play, in the middle of this one karls phone rings. i check to see who it is and see it's dream. i look over at karl and he looked scared.

"uh- i'll call him back later. i'm really sorry lacy." he sympathized. it's not like he's not allowed to talk to clay. they're good friends.

"no, you should answer. right now. i won't listen." i give a smile that is obviously fake but he doesn't seem to notice. he clicks the accept button forgetting that the phone is connected.

"hey dream, what's up?"

"karl, do you like lacy? if you had the chance to have her, would you?" karl fumbles his fingers around quickly trying to get clay disconnected throughout the car. both of karls and i's faces are red and karl is looking at me every two seconds. i hear clay say his name.

"dream i'm gonna have to call you back on that one, i have someone in the car with me." he glances at me. i smirk.

"hi clay." i say loud enough so i know he'll hear. karl brings the phone down from his ear.

"he hung up. that was dumb lacy." hes says bringing his attention back to the road. we pull into the apartment parking lot.

"so, would you?" i ask.

"hm?"

"if you had the chance to have me, would you?"

"that depends on the situation lacy. right now isnt the time to answer that."

"just answer, it's a yes or no question. simple."

"no."

"you're saying no?"

"no i'm saying i'm not going to answer. i'm going to my apartment, see you later lacy." he walks away without another word. i don't really know what to do because it's obvious i pushed him over the edge. oops. it's fine.