the almost jump

(TW again)
~karl's pov~
im sitting there scrolling through my comments on my phone when i see lacy's username. i try not to click on it because i don't care about her, i don't think i care about her. i click on it. it's full of sunsets and sunrises and beautiful pictures of her. i'm stunned. there's a sunrise that doesn't look like it's from too long ago. i click on the picture. there's a paragraph that looks kinda like a goodbye note. maybe she's into poetry. wait. shit. i check the time it was posted. 10 minutes ago. oh no. oh god no. i jump up and sprint to the nearest stairwell. i stop right in front of the door and take a big breathe in. i open the door and right in front of me, about 15 feet away, is lacy standing on the edge or the building.
"lacy!" i say running to her. she turns around and looks at me with blank eyes. she's lost. she doesn't know what she's doing. i put my hand up so she can grab it and jump down, luckily she does.
"sit down." i say leading her to the ground. we both sit down facing eachother. she has tears in her eyes.
"oh my gosh i don't know what i was thinking, i got all those hate comments and i upset you and they all just urged me." she says starting to sob. i pull her in.
"hey hey, calm down. i forgive you and i'm sorry everyone was telling you horrible things. im just letting you know now that you don't rule the world and you can't go around acting like you do all the time." i say trying to be kind but also letting her know what she did was very rude.
"i know it's just i never got to be off on my own, my mom used to beat me and i would stay cooped up in my room with the door locked and then she died and i was free but i stayed all by myself for a few years. i'm a loner karl. i don't like people. and if i'm being honest i don't really like you." she says looking up. she's not even smirking or showing any sign that this is a joke.
"c'mon let's get you inside." i bring her inside and stop her at the door.
"don't do dumb shit and when i tell you  to do something please do it." i day and shut the door.

~lacy's pov~
"fuck him. fuck him a million times. fuck his streams, fuck his twitter, fuck his instagram, fuck his fans, fuck him."

"lacy are you sure you don't want to fuck him? like in the literal term? girl he saved your life, which by the way i'm still upset about that like what the fuck? but anyways i think you have a little crush on him." i was on the phone with my all time best friend, ava. we had been talking for hours and she talked me through a little bit of stuff and luckily i couldn't hear karl in the room next to me all day.
"fuck HIM? hell no. he's a total ass." i say practically screaming. he really is a jerk. and maybe he's a tiny bit cute and his hair was extremely cute this morning but i wasn't in the right state of mind.
"what's his name again?" ava asked sounding suspicious.
"karl"
"karl what, i need more" she asks and i can feel her eye roll from across the country.
"um let me check... karl... jacobs. why?" i ask checking his twitter.
"i'm gonna tell him you wanna fuck him." she says and starts laughing so hard.
"don't you dare you bitch!" i yell. i stay yelling about all he reasons i hate him and i do not in fact want to fuck him when i get a knock on my door. i quickly hang up and walk to the door slowly. i look through the peep hole and don't see anyone so i open up the door. on the ground is a little note that says
"if you got so mad at me for being loud i suggest you shut up as well. - sincerely the guy you do not want to fuck. ps- you're the ass."
i smile. stop wait. i don't want to smile. that's dumb. smiling is dumb. i go inside grab a sheet of paper and write,
"wow listening in on my conversations, stalker much? seems like somebodies a little obsessed. - sincerely the person who will now be shutting up and watching her surroundings." i fold the note and put it in front of his door and knock. he opens it right away before i can even take a step. i immediately freeze and say
"uh hi." what the heck why am i so awkward now.
"hi?" he says looking at me. he has a backpack on and it's jam packed.
"where are you going?" i say glancing to the note on the ground.
"excuse me, i have somewhere to be." he says pushing past me annoyed.
"wait! thank you, for earlier." i say. where did that come from? karl jacobs. huh.
"oh." he says. and just stands and stares at me.