talkative

~lacy's pov~
a few weeks go by without anything happening. karl hasn't talked to me since we streamed and explained. he complimented me multiple times but maybe that was just for the camera. we live 5 feet away from eachother how can he not talk to me for 3 weeks? that's insane. the hate comments went down a ton and i now get comments about karl and i's relationship. i never respond to it cause what would i even say? "oh hey guys sorry karl actually hasn't talked to me since the stream" like what? i've been looking for jobs around my area and i'm looking into an editing one. i get a whole ton of money but it takes up a lot of time. i have an "interview" with this guy named jimmy,  who i'd be editing for, tomorrow. we'll see how it goes.
i wake up the next morning and get ready for my interview. i am going to meet multiple different people today and i need to look my best. i put on some leggings and grab a sweatshirt without looking at it. as i get into my car i realize i'm almost late and i need to hurry. luckily i get there just in time. Jimmy is standing outside waiting for me.
"hey, lacy?" he says glancing at his phone for a second.
"yep!" we go inside the big warehouse thing. it's giant. we walk up to a little room with a desk. jimmy sits down and i do the same.
"so i'm not a super professional guy but i hope you're aware of what i do." he says.
"yes, i am completely aware of what i'd be doing." i say. truth is i stalked him last night. (not like extreme watch them sleep stalk i mean look them up kind)
"perfect!" the interview goes on for a little while longer when he says he wants to introduce me to people.
"okay so i called in a few of my team and they're all right here." we walk into a room with a couch. there's a lot of chatter but everyone immediately shuts up when we walk in. there's a lot of people here.
"so here we have chandler, he's been with me for awhile."
"what's up." chandler says. he's very tall.
"this is chris, garrett..." he goes on listing everyone's names and what they do. i meet tyreq, he's funny and chill. everyone seems super nice and when he's done we are all just hanging out. i'm the only girl but nobody really seems to care. at first they kind of held back their jokes but eventually they realized i was cool and had the same humor as them.
"oh hell no." someone says from the door. it's a familiar voice. i turn and i can't see who it is, they'd already turned around. i try and think of all the people it could be and...
"karl! what the hell?" chris says getting up to go follow him. i hear murmurs of what everyone think is happening.
"why is he acting like a jerk lately?" chandler says.
"a few days ago he texted me something about a girl was troubling him but i didn't really think anything of it." jimmy said. could that girl be me? what the hell is going on.
~karl's pov~
i walked into the warehouse upset with myself that i overslept. i hear everyone laughing so i don't feel as bad anymore. then i hear a girls voice. i recognize it. i look and see lacy standing there laughing with all of them.
"oh hell no." i say and turn around. i walk to my car. chris is suddenly right beside me.
"what the hell man? what is going on with you! you've been acting like a dick the past few weeks and we've all brushed it off but today this is messed up!" chris yells at me. i'm so angry right now i want to punch everything in sight. so, without thinking, i do. i punch chris across the right side of his face. since we're outside nobody saw it.
"what the fuck!" chris yells holding the side of his face.
"go home karl." he says through clenched teeth. i get into my car and just sit there reflecting on what i just did. who have a turned into? i'm a really nice guy. why would i punch my best friend? i drive off even more upset, but mostly with myself. i decide i just am going to drive around town for awhile. i drive into a parking lot and sit there. i just start crying. i'm not the type to cry and whenever i do cry it's over a death or something horrid like that. but all this is just over me not being who i thought i was. in the midst of me bawling i call chris. he doesn't answer so i try again. still nothing. i try chandler, nothing. jimmy picks up the phone for half a second and i hear someone say "no!" in the background then he hangs up. i try garrett, tyreq, literally anyone who is on the team. nobodies answering me. everyone hated me now. i call alex, my internet friend, and he also doesn't pick up. does the whole internet know? i punch my horn multiple times and scream. a car pulls up next to me so i try to calm down. i hear a knock on the window. it's chris. i unlock my doors and try and wipe away my tears. chris gets in without saying anything. we sit there for a few minutes while i silently sob.
"i'm sorry chris. i don't know what the fuck is wrong with me." i say crying even more. chris looks over at me and just hugs me. his eye is red but there's no bruising yet.
"what is going on?" chris says. i start to explain but i can barely get through the first sentence because i'm crying so hard.
"you wanna go back to the warehouse? only jimmy and chandler are there now." chris says and i nod. he gets out and we both drive to the warehouse. i don't know if i'm ready yet. i'm scared.