r u serious?

~lacy's pov~
i got home from the hospital a few days ago. nothing really has happened since then. karl visited me once after he left for he first time. i remember i was really sleepy and he came in and just smiled at me. i smiled back and told him i wanted a hug. he just frowned then turned around and left. i don't know if it was a dream or anything of the sort. everything's so weird around here, stuffs always happening. before i moved was so much easier. and come to think of it, i haven't texted nor interacted with any of my friends from back home in over a month.

lacy: AVA AVA AVA AVA AVA

ava: ya?

lacy: i'm sorry i haven't kept in touch
:(( so much has happened recently. can we facetime to catch up?

ava: um i'm actually busy rn, i cant call but i can text. how's the dickhead you didn't want to f a few months ago, haven't heard about him in a little bit.

lacy: okay so about a week or two ago i came home from my new job right? it was raining and karl came out and danced in the rain with me! AND WE KISSED! LIKE WTF! but then i hit my head and like went to the hospital or whatever and he hasn't texted or called me since. i got home a few days ago too.

ava: GIRL WHAT- OKAY BYE IM CALLING YOU IN 5! JUST SO YOU KNOW IM FREAKING OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF A CLAIRES RN!!

i called ava for a long time. it was really nice catching up with her. she yelled at me a few times but it was like we hadn't skipped a day of talking. towards the end of our conversation i got a text.

Jimmy: Hey Lacy. I hope you're feeling better. I just wanted to tell you not to check twitter or any social media for the next few days. Somethings going around and it'd be best if you didn't check. Bye!

wtf is he talking about. i ended up hanging up on ava and going straight to twitter.

mcytteatok: karl jacobs kisses a girl at a party, some say they thought him and another girl had a thing. what do y'all think about this?
|
|
karljacobs_: guys this is not true.
|
mcytteatok: oh yea this picture is totally photoshopped.
*picture of karl kissing a blonde female at a party*

wtf is this!? i storm out of my room and start banging on karl's door. i can hear a muffled voice sounding like it's saying "go away." i knock on the door once again.
"if you don't come and answer this door i'm breaking in again." i shout. everything goes silent. there's no muffled voice, no anything anymore. i turn the handle on the door knob wondering what i'm walking into. i swing open the door and the one and only karl jacobs is sitting on his bed, in a black hoodie with a gold smiley face on it, some gray sweatpants and his phone in his right hand. he's staring at me.
"so. that kiss meant nothing to you? cause it sure as hell meant everything to me. if you can't already tell, i want you. i've wanted you forever, i want you forever. but you don't seem to care. do you just go around kissing other girls? is that what it's like here? if so then i'm leaving. i probably sound so cliché right now but seriously man. you really fucked up. and i know for a fact people would try to work through this but we aren't even together. what are we? i feel like i'm reading a book. c'mon. don't leave this on a cliff hanger. how will this end? karl jacobs. will it end with me back where i started, or will it end with us driving at 3am blaring music and having the time of our lives. i really thought you were different. i really has the highest of expectations for you karl jacobs. you saved me. you gave me something to look forward to. something to think about before i fell asleep. karl. goodbye karl." i walked out. the whole time i spoke he sat there and stared at me. i could see the regret in his eyes. i could hear him get up to try and follow me. i turned around quickly. before i could speak he was standing right there. inches from my face. my heart was pounding. i was so angry with him.
"lacy. you are like sunshine.."
i rolled my eyes.
"i'm serious. i came and rained on your life. i don't think i can handle you. you're too much for me. all my feelings, they're too much. i don't think you realize how much you impacted my life. i don't think you ever watched any of my streams or videos but i was always thinking, is she here? you're implanted in my brain. the whole time i was kissing that girl, i was thinking of you. and me. in the rain. i'm sorry but i'm ending this. whatever this even is. there's nothing here. there's everything and nothing here. i want you and you want me, but we both know that we can't handle us. we're too toxic." what i didn't realize is when karl was speaking, he was slowly moving towards me causing me to move backwards. as soon as he finished speaking he slammed the door on my face. wow. i run back to my room and start sobbing. i don't know where i thought that was going to go, but certainly not this.