TWENTY-SIX

Daki sat in shocked silence as Uzui turned back to what was happening with Nezuko. "Hey, this fight isn't over. Do something about your sister."

Nezuko chose that moment to snarl viciously and flail harder, making Tanjiro yelp. He held her down tighter, careful to avoid the blade of his sword.

"Stupid brats like you and her have no place on the battlefield. Sing her a lullaby or something." Uzui dismissed. Nezuko snarled and leapt backwards out of the building. Ochako made a move to catch them, but Uzui held her back. "We need to find the real upper moon here, Ocha."

Ochako looked back to the demon behind them, her eyes widening. "She hasn't died yet!"

"HOW DARE YOU CUT MY HEAD OFF!" The demon screeched as it finally settled in her that she was nearly defeated. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS! YOU WILL!"

"Huh, she still hasn't died. Hey, hurry up and die, you nuisance." Uzui sighed, hefting his twin blades onto his shoulder.

"OH SHUT UP! YOU– YOU SAID I WASN'T AN UPPER MOON! TO MY FACE! I AM! I AM I AM I AM!" Daki continued screaming.

"How did i cut off your head then, huh? If you're an upper moon I wouldn't have done it so easily. Did your brain explode or something?"

"I STILL HAVEN'T LOST! I HAVEN'T!"

This time Ochako sighed. "No, you've lost."

"IM REALLY STRONG! IM ONLY NUMBER SIX RIGHT NOW BUT ILL GET STRONGER I WILL—!"

"Youre not convincing anyone here," Uzui deadpanned, picking at his ear.

Daki burst into tears.

Ochako knew something was wrong. She was forgetting something. She stood and crouched into a defending position. Shes throwing a tantrum? No.. her head was cut off, but she isn't crumbling.. what was it about number six... number sixx.. NUMBER SIX!!

"IM REALLY UPPER MOON SIX! IM SERIOUS! IVE GOT THE NUMBER AND EVERYTHING! IM SUPER AWESOME!!"

"UZUI!" Ochako yelled urgently. "SHE'S NOT ALONE!"

"ONII-CHAAAAAN!!" Daki shrieked, punching the ground.

Coming straight out of her back, groaning, another demon joined them. His hair was pitch black, but had a green undertone similar to Shinobu and Inosuke, and his waist was unnaturally sunken in, as if all his organs were in his lungs.

Uzui and Ochako wasted no time. As soon as he began to emerge, they attacked. Ochako flipped onto the ceiling and pushed off for a faster movement, aiming an axe kick at Daki while Uzui sent multiple slashes directly for her older brother's throat.

Just before their attacks hit, the both of them were gone, leaving nothing but two ripped pieces of Daki's sash in their place. Ochako whirled around and saw them in the corner of the room, on the opposite side of where they just were. Daki was still bawling her eyes out as her brother held her head on her neck for it to heal.

"Crying's not gonna help. At least attach your head back on. You really are lacking in the brains department."

Ochako felt a cold sweat settle on the back of her neck, but she wasn't going to abandon Uzui so she stood her ground.

"Aw man, your face got burned? Take care of it. You were born with such a cute face."

Uzui huffed, giving Ochako a side glance he leapt toward the demon that just showed up.

As if time slowed, Ochako watched as the older brother both blocked and countered Uzui with hand scythe like daggers. Uzui, although shocked, managed to dodge the swipe at his head just enough to where he wouldn't die.