CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I DECIDED I SHOULD PROBABLY UPDATE THE SHIT OUT OF THIS STORY IN CASE MY ACCOUNT IS TAKEN. I DELETED THE WARNING.

After the fun day with Muichirou and Genya, Ochako laid in her futon, staring at the ceiling for a while before standing and putting her old kimono. Aiden tilted his head and perched on her shoulder to go wherever she was going. "I'm not going anywhere, Aiden. Just for a walk."

Aiden jumped to her head where he stubbornly stayed, hooting indignantly. Aiden only really talked when he delivered messages, Ochako noticed.

Ochako stayed barefoot, walking outside. Her feet touched the grass, sending shivers up her legs. Ochako allowed herself to lose gravity, floating up to the roof of Muichirou's home.

Staring up at the stars, Ochako wondered about U.A. Where her friends missing her? Did time completely stop, or was it going on without her?

Were they searching for her? Did Bakugo tell anyone that he saw her fall? They weren't the closest, but they had a mutual respect for each other since the sports festival, and earning Bakugo's respect wasn't something just anyone could do.

Thinking about her friends, how much she missed her family, her time in school, and even the stray cats she'd occasionally play with spread a soft smile on her face.

Her eyes twinkled for a little before her smile started to wobble. This time her eyes shone with pent up tears.

She loved her friends here, of course she did. Tanjiro, Nezuko, Genya, everyone. But...

She missed home.

And asking herself questions she already knew the answer to  like hell.

Aiden nuzzled under Ochako's arm as she curled up into herself, crying silently into the night as everyone slept peacefully.

———

A couple weeks pasted since Ochako's mini breakdown, and and she had all but gotten mist breathing down pat. Muichirou quickly fixed her bad habits, and suggested she get arm blades as well so she didn't have to remove her sandles whenever she wanted to switch out.

As a person, her master was nice —yes, he was very biased, she admits— but as a teacher he was brutal. Him bcoming a Hashira not months after picking up a sword for the first time really is the reason Ochako was able to learn mist breathing so fast.

Plus, everytime she had a solo mission, he joined her. And him being a Hashira attracted demons like flowers attracted bees. It was good training. Granted she almost died more than a couple times, it was still good experience.

Experience she wished she hadn't had so soon? Perhaps, but experience none the less.

Ochako had gotten a couple missions with Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke a couple times, but those were relatively close and she didn't have much time to really catch up with them. That's why she found herself wandering over to Shinobu's place to talk with her first friends of this world.

Only to see the sound Hashira being yelled at by Tanjiro and Aoi who was being carried by said Hashira as Kanao gripped onto his uniform.

"Tengen! What's happening, and why are you doing??" Ochako yelled, prying Kanao off of him and holding her arms up for him to give Aoi to her.

"Ah, perfect. Ochako, join me on this mission?" Tengen easily placed Aoi in Ochako's arms, grinning at the mist user.

"...so you basically kidnapped Aoi, a demon Slayer with no battle experience helping SHINOBU, mind you, without explaining anything to anyone at all? Creating a completely unnecessary chaos and misunderstanding?" Ochako clarified, crossing her arms after Tengen explained everything.