TWENTY-FOUR

Making their way back to the house they were assigned to, Ochako and Inosuke discussed potential plans to kill the demon.

By that, what actually happened was Inosuke narrating his 'incredible strength' and 'totally epic' imagination of how the fight will go, not forgetting to give Ochako an important role in the fight because 'my little sister is totally awesome and really strong so I don't need to protect her as much as the others.'

It was amusing to say the least.

It took Ochako's mind off of what she knew they would have to face.

They waited a couple hours for Tanjiro's signal, but when it never came,  they went searching for their own leads about their demon.

"Here," Inosuke announced suddenly, grabbing Ochako, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Here." She breathed, nodding at the entrance. It was barely big enough for her head, let alone her whole body. "I won't be able to get in, Inosuke. Can you handle it by yourself?"

Inosuke blinked, before checking the entrance. "Oh. It's too small for you."

Ochako nodded. "I'll go help Tanjiro, will you be fine?"

Inosuke chortled. "Will I be fine? Yeah I will! Anything my head can get in, I can! You better not die."

"You either. You better not." Ochako redirected, unsure of if she can make that promise.

Inosuke nodded, dislocating all his joints with loud cracks that made Ochako flinch and slithered into the underground cave where the women and Zenitsu were. 

Ochako knew she was running out of time, even as she sprinted as fast as she could to where she knew Tanjiro would be. The sound of fighting grew louder and the weight of an upper moon pressed on her harder than almost anything ever did before, but she was able to last ten minutes in Oyakata-sama's presence now. She could handle this. 

She could.

She ran faster, now feeling Tanjiro's gravity expand. He was using his breath. She didn't hear water, though. 

Fire?

Ochako could see them now. Tanjiro and a beautiful demon. Daki. Ochako shot into the air, just as Tanjiro was thrown by Daki's sash. 

Mist breathing, sixth form: Luner Dispersing Mist!

Ochako twisted in the air, sending a flurry of slashes at the sixth demon moon as Tanjiro gained his bearings. Ochako wasted no time upon landing, pushing off at the ground in a mock way of flying. Ochako twisted her upper body so her hands touched the ground, allowing her legs to kick out in what looked like a cartwheel from the side in her fifth form: Sea of Clouds and Haze.

She barely managed to nick Daki's chest, but managed to cut all the way through her sash. 

She was too slow after the attack, and couldn't stand up fast enough, so she shouldn't have been surprised when Daki's sash barreled right into her stomach, flinging her further than Tanjiro. She barely managed to release her gravity before she slammed directly into Nezuko's box, which Tanjiro had taken off. 

"Ochako—!" Tanjiro yelled, alarmed.

"I'm fine, keep going!" Ochako shook her head to clear the dizziness before reading her stance. 

Mist breathing, third from: scattering mist splash!

Ochako shot forward again, but before getting too close she did a roundhouse kick as well as a flying crescent side kick, as her third form as a long distance attack. When Ochako landed the mist that gathered from her speed and strength went at Daki like a tornado, carrying the sharpness of Ochako blade and tearing at whatever touches Daki in the slightest. 

Sun breathing, third form: Raging Sun!

Tanjiro has gotten close enough to the demon moon to  release his own breath attacks, allowing Ochako to catch her bearings. The gravity user inhaled deeply, her ears still ringing. This was fine. She could handle it.

Shaking her head to helpfully clear the noise, Ochako took her stance again, ready to continue.

Or as ready as she could be in this state, she was pretty sure her ring finger was not supposed to bend like... That.

It's fine though, because she couldn't feel it.

Mist breathing, fifth form:

Completely ignoring the sudden sharpness that ran through her left arm, Ochako flipped into the air in a movement that was rather similar to Tanjiro's horizontal water wheel, aiming for Daki's neck.

Sea of Clouds and Haze!

Daki snarled at the yet again close attempt to cut her head off.

Ochako was getting better. Suddenly thankful for the harsh training Muichirou put her through to achieve full focus breathing, Ochako easily slipped into her dance of Mist.

Move! Ochako felt her hands burn as she heard Chii-kun's warning.

Everything, from knowing Inosuke could get into the little hole that otherwise would be impossible, to knowing the name of the demon she's fighting right now, to even knowing the names and powers and personalities of the twelve demon moons— six demon moons— was thanks to what Chii-kun told her. She didn't question how he knew, but Rengoku-san's death by Upper Moon 3 Akaza's hand told her right then and there he knew what he was talking about.

Maybe it had something to do with being one of the Four Major Elements of Life, but Chii-kun always seemed to know too much. Hell, he knew a bit of what was happening back at UA.

Ochako never hesitated to listen to her quirk's counterpart.

But Dali wasn't the reason Ochako had to dodge.

In fact the reason was Tanjiro.

He was thrown back far behind Ochako, but came bursting back at a speed Ochako could bet almost rivaling that of a Hashira with a flame so hot Ochako wondered if it would melt her blades into nothing but a useless goop.

Maybe it had something to do with them having completely different elements as their breathing techniques, but to Ochako is was so hot near Tanjiro.

Time to cool it down a bit.

Breath of mist, Seventh Form: Haze.

A thick mist covered the area,and Ochako suddenly was right in front Daki, leg aimed at her neck.

———
°Chii-kun told Ochako about what was going to happen around the time when she was training with Muichirou. She, of course, didn't believe him, but Rengoku's death proved him right. But of course, she still didn't believe him then, but when every other event he predicted turned out to be true, Ochako had no choice but to believe him.°

°Ochako's breathing forms are far from perfect, but they're just barely developed enough to fight properly.°

°As soon as Ochako started using the last Mist Technique, she hasn't taken a single breath. Its been two seconds since then.°