CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Ochako and Tengen were able to take a short break waiting for Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke, so Tengen shoved a couple kimonos and make-up supplies in her direction. Of course she was confused, but she put them on anyway.

After she came back, in a new kimono, she started taking off Tengens eye makeup and letting his hair down as the boys started arriving. While she was doing that, the hashira was explaining everything she needed to do, and the situation.

So she just needed to sneak in to various homes. With the boys crossdressing that'll be easy, but hard. "I'll go with Inosuke to keep out of trouble. Just say he's my sister. He's pretty enough without makeup..."

"No," Tengen immediately dismissed. "Gotta make them look as ugly as possible. We need to get them in specific places, we can't afford to allow many places want them."

"Ah," Ochako realized. "Yeah, that makes sense. I'll leave the makeup to you."

"Wait what's that mean-!!"

"Ah, perfect! You've arrived! Here, Tanjiro, I need you to dress in this kimono." She shoved the green and black one his direction. "These ones are for you guys." The yellow and white one went to Zenitsu and the blue and black one went to Inosuke.

"Tanjiro, you will be... Sumihiko?" Ochako turned to Tengen. "It feels to long?"

"Sumiko it is, then." He nodded.

"Zenitsu will be...Istuba. And I can simply shorten Inosuke to Ino."

Tengen shrugged. "Sounds good. Now, where we are is the place for the lowest of low. We're at the Red light District."

---

The house's lady squinted at the three presented ladies. "Hmm. Quite ugly. You seem to have one more?"

Tengen smiled. "Yes but I'm not selling her, just yet. She's a beauty compared to her sisters." He gently nudged Ochako in front of her. She packed on her makeup(purposely) so the house lady didn't look the least bit convinced. She did have a better body shape than her sisters, however. "You can take one, right?" He gestured to the boys.

"Oh, yes!" The lady giggled. "Then I'll have the redhead, she seems very honest and hard-working!"

Tan- Sumiko lit up, and in a falsetto that just barely seemed real h-she thanked Tengen for 'looking after her.'

The next place chose Inosuke, and Ochako barely remembered she was to go with him. "W-wait! My sister! Let me go with her? I can't bear leaving my favorite sister!"

The lady looked her up and down before sharply saying, "Well? Get on over here then."

She sent a thumbs up to Tengen who nodded at her before glaring down at Ze-Itsuba.

"I'm sorry, miss, but Ino can't talk," Ochako sighed, wiping away a fake tear. "But at least her beauty comes from... Deep down."

She sent Ino a pointed look to which she received a eye roll. Ino understands what she has to do.

"Hm. I'm sure. Ladies, get this make up off of the new girl, I don't have all day."

Ochako's clown makeup went first. The lady of the house was actually shocked. "oh, oh my. Well, I suppose your father wasn't a very good applier...."

Ochako smiled. "My sister is beautiful, trust me."

They took Inosuke's make up off next. If they are stunned at Ochako, they were stupifyed at Inosuke.