CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Hey, hey, hey!!"(I did this for you Bokuto Stan's, I am with you all the way)

Kagaya flinched at the sudden sound. He was enjoying the night in the shadow of a large tree Ochako moved for him. It was the perfect spot, keeping him unseen as well as allowing him to hear his children play with their students. Every here and there scream of absolute pain let him know they were doing a good job. Unfortunately, as of now, no one was training anyone as it was currently four in the morning. Well, as Kagaya always said, sleep with the sun, rise with the sun. "..Aiden?"

"Hey hey hey!!" Aiden hooted. "Uraraka Ochako! Message from Uraraka Ochako!!"

"Ah, thank you Aiden. Can you tell me here...?" Kagaya held out his arm, patiently waiting for the owl to land, which he did not. Aiden simply repeated his message. "..Aiden?"

With a snooty clack of his beak, Aiden perched upon his shoulder. "Hashira! Call the Hashira's!"

With a sweet smile, Kagaya turned his blind eyes to Aiden, staring directly where he knew the owls eyes would be. "Please don't hoot right in my ear, Aiden."

———

"Any idea why Oyakata-sama called us?" Obani asked Mitsuri after arriving a second or two after her, making her the first one to arrive.

"No, I don't.. I wonder, is it a new Hashira? Ooo, that would be so exciting!"

"I don't think it could be a new Hashira, Kanroji-chan," Shinibu said, arriving directly behind Obani. The other Hashira's joined not seconds later, the last one being Muichirou, who forgot his sandles and had to run back when he kept getting stabbed in his feet on his way to the Ubayashiki estate.

"Is everyone here?"

For a solid second the Hashira's stood in silence, before dropping in their bows lined up. He was early. Too early. The Hashira's usually got ten to fifteen minutes of catching up before Oyakata-sama revealed himself(he liked to listen to what they were saying(making sure a fourth time they were all doing well) before revealing himself), but this time he waited only until everyone has arrived.

"O-Its a pleasure seeing you up and about, Oyakata-sama! I love seeing you whenever I can!" Mitsuri panicked and said the first thing that came to mind that wasn't incomprehensible boom boom and kaploeyes.

"Thank you, Kanroji," Kagaya smiled. "First I would like to thank you all for making it here so quickly under such a short notice." A chorus of you're welcomes in everyone's own individual style. "I know you all may be wondering why I called this meeting. And extra observant ones will recognize who I have with me. Feel free to look up."

At first, no one saw anything. But then Mitsuri squealed "AIDEN!!! Does that mean—!!!"

All the Hashira's (minus Giyuu) leapt to their feet in excitement. Perhaps they thought something along the lines of 'Maybe we can get another five minutes in zero gravity!' or 'Shes back already??' in a good context, but they were all beaming.

"Unfortunately, no, it's just Aiden. He has come with a message and refused to tell me until you all were here." Kagaya smiled apologetically. "I would love Ochako to be here so I can properly see how you all are, but she isn't."

Aiden fluttered down in front of Kagaya in a dramatic fashion, drawing all eyes(except the blind ones) to him. "Kibutsuji Muzan has been found." He said simply.

Causing a not-so-simple reaction.

"WHAT!?" Sanemi exploded first. Following him was Kyojuro ("HOW DOES HE LOOK??") Mitsuri ("Did Ochako-chan find him??") Shinobu("Was his whereabouts tracked?") Uzui ("Flamboyant! It was good news!") Obani ("Where at?") Gyomei("Who has had the unfortunate luck to meet him?") And Muichirou ("Start talking, owl.")  Giyuu stayed silent, but on high alert.