CHAPTER SEVEN

"Nezuko is a demon," Urokodaki said somberly, his posture now tense.

"Oh," Ochako paused. She already knew that. "I already know that."

"You—" Urokodaki looked confused. "You do? How? Tanjiro never told you, he told me himself."

Ochako nodded. Tanjiro hadn't told her. But she knew the moment she stepped foot in front of this door. "Demons are different from humans. Their gravity is, I mean. Your gravity, and mine, flow downwards. Hers, at the moment is going to the left. Demon gravity flow opposite of the wind you know. The only way I wouldn't have known Nezuko was a demon is if the wind somehow flowed up."

"Gravity?" Urokodaki sounded interested. "What do you mean?"

"I control gravity." Ochako said with a smile. "Well, not so much as I control it as it lets me play with it."

"That's amazing! Is it—"

"It's not a breath, it's just a.. quirk. A power if you will. It's just something I'm able to do. In my blood, my DNA. And no, if someone takes my DNA, they cannot use gravity. Gravity knows who I am, and lets me play, no one else. People have tried." Ochako interrupted.

The door burst open three hours later, and by that time, Nezuko and Ochako already were playing pat-a-cake. At first, Ochako was a little wary of Nezuko —she was still a demon, and Ochako has spent the better part of a almost week with people that absolutely despised demons — but she decided to still see her; Urokodaki seemed fine with her presence.

Nezuko was the literal sweetest ball of moonlight anyone could ever meet. Ochako was wrapped around her cute baby demon fingers as soon as she saw those huge eyes and received a head pat from the little form of the demon.

"OCHAKO!!" Tanjiro's voice filled the small home(Ochako now viewed the place as a home rather than a house already even though she had only been there for not even half a day) and the sound of pounding feet drew closer to the two girls, who hadn't stopped in their little game in the slightest. Not even when Tanjiro opened the slide door with a bang. "I-I smelled you at the door! Why didn't you send a letter??"

"I wanted to surprise you!" Ochako said brightly, her eyes not leaving Nezuko's for a second as the got up to the number fourteen. "If you check in my bag, the pink box has some treats we can all share!"

Urokodaki and Tanjiro froze, and Tanjiro's face went red. "You- you want me to get them??"

Ochako was pretty sure his voice should not have gotten that high.

(Ochako didn't realize these were different times than what she was used to, and a man who wasn't married to a woman going through her stuff was highly inappropriate. She didn't realize this earlier because she stayed with a female and they had no problem going through each other's things and wearing each others' cloths. Tanjiro was very flustered to think she didn't mind him going through her things.)

"If you want to," Ochako said, her voice slightly straining when she and Nezuko reached seventeen. "If you don't you can... Wait till I'm finished... With this...."

"Hmmph! Spphom mphh!!" Nezuko ordered Tanjiro as they reached twenty-one.

Despite not hearing any words, everyone understood the little demon wanted Tanjiro to stop distracting Ochako.

The game continued all the way up to fouty-seven, Tanjiro watching the girls hands move in a trance, until Nezuko lost count and accidentally went to double-back-side-palm before Ochako. Nezuko realized she was the cause of the game being over and flopped on the ground dramatically, whining.

"MMMPHHH! MNPH HMPHF!!" She cried, latching onto Ochako's side in apology. Ochako pet the little demons hair lightly, running her fingers through the two-toned long strands.

"I can get the treats now, Tanjiro-kun you had better hope they're still good, Mitsu-chan made them and I have on good authority she is an amazing sweets maker," Ochako turned to Tanjiro, blinking as her bag was shoved in her face. "You okay up there, Tanjiro-kun?"

What's up with the -kun??

"Yeah!" His voice came out higher than it should have been. Ochako blinked again, turning her confused gaze to Nezuko.

She shrugged.

Tanjiro yelled something about forgetting his sword and ran out the room.

"I'll save your sticks here, I guess," Ochako said after him. "Urokodaki-san?"

"Don't mind him, the only girls he ever really communicated with were the mothers in his village and his sisters," Urokodaki shook his head.

"Sisters? As in, more than one?"

Urokodaki nodded. "Tanjiro has told me much about his little siblings. He often says he would not be able to do half the things he does if he were not the eldest. Tanjiro had many siblings—"

Urokodaki was cut off when Tanjiro opened the door. It was obvious he heard, as he had a small sad smile on his face. "Nezuko?"

Nezuko stood up at her regular hight and padded over to the redhead. He held her tight as he remembered his family.

"I don't have siblings," Ochako muttered. "It was just me, mom and dad. But dad was always at work and mom was struggling a lot. Plus me and my family were really poor, and my.. job was really far from home, so I had to live alone until the.. staff  all had to move in with each other after a kidnapping destroyed so much of our village.."

Nezuko made a sad noise and crawled over to Ochako, holding the other girl in an embrace. Tanjiro smiled at the sight.

I knew it, he thought. I knew they would along.

Nezuku pet Ochako, her bamboo stick muffling what she was trying to say. "Mhhhph phammm mmmph hmmph, frrrmmff."

Tanjiro and Urokodaki surrounded the two girls, bringing them into an embrace so that all four of them were group hugging.

Ochako felt tears sting her eyes. It felt like...

Family.

"You're our family now, too," Urokodaki said, smiling beneath his mask.

For one week, no, for two weeks, Ochako has been starved of what she craved the most.

Love.

Family.

But there, sitting in that small hut with a hot pot bubbling, curled up holding people she didn't even know three weeks ago Ochako had never felt better.

She smiled, and tightened her hold on the little demon girl who won her heart not two seconds of simply looking at her, on the boy who saved her without knowing he did so, and now this kind, lonely man who took in the two aforementioned.

"Thank you," She whispered in Nezuko's hair.

The little demon nuzzled closer to her and closed her eyes.

———

°Ochako had to leave her family because U.A. was too far from home, but her parents still visited as often as they could, so Ochako has never gone more than three days without family love. She was already feeling bad bacause of the move to the dorms. She planned on spending the festival with them.°

° Nezuko opened up to Ochako immediately because of who Ochako reminded her of. Ochako reminded Nezuko of herself.°

°Urokodaki and Tanjiro noticed Ochako was bold. Ochako isn't bold. She is just used to her times' mannerisms, and has no problem showing her legs. The first time Tanjiro saw Ochako in her shorts, he screamed so loud and high pitched Nezuko went deaf for the day. He though she was in her underclothes and he walked in on her changing despite she didn't have any visible change of cloths near her.°