CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Wait. . .

..what happened last chapter again?

. . .

Okay! After going back and checking I'm ready to continue! ( ╹▽╹ )

Ochako hissed as a Temari ball grazed her side, but continued to dodge, subtly getting closer and closer to Sasamaru. She flipped to the right when a Temari bounced of the ground, hurtling directly for her chest.

The Temari balls were actually a good thing in a way. She was getting ideas for her new routine.

Ochako was pretty sure Sasamaru was getting angry, no doubt hearing Ochako muttering to herself. "Oo, that really stretched out my abdomen!" Ochako whistled as she bent backwards on one foot, the other coming up to her right elbow which was twisted awkwardly to avoid another ball, her left arm stretched straight out, helping her balance.

From that position, Ochako fell into a bridge, kicking over to avoid yet another onslaught.

"Hmmm," Ochako hummed, noting her arms were getting a little stiff. She twisted her hips into a handstand and,. releasing her gravity, picked off into the air where she fell at incredible speed directly at Sasamaru.

The demon giggled at her, and launched two Temari balls directly at Ochako, but they swerved and continued out to space, missing her.

"W-what??" Sasamaru had time to go before she had to move, but she was too slow, and Ochako managed to hack off an arm.

'no questions, no time,' Ochako chanted in her head, now using her sandles on her forearms for close combat with Sasamaru.

It was like a dance, trading blow after blow with her, but Sasamaru was a long range attacker.

It was her bad luck Ochako was there.

"Nezuko!" Ochako heard Tanjiro shout, and resisted the urge to turn, blocking Sasamaru's kick with one of her own.

Then Nezuko came out of nowhere with one of her kicks and Sasamaru suddenly short three arms.

Sasamaru stood for a second with a manic grin on her face before the pain kicked in, and a horrible scream tore her throat before she healed.

During that time, Nezuko had picked Ochako up bridle style and leapt over to where Lady Tamayo and Yushiro were recovered. She was breathing deeply, trying to rein in her rage at seeing Ochako as beaten and bruised as she was.

"Nezuko?" Ochako asked, stepping in front of her, and ignoring the agonizing screams of Sasamaru in the background, as her wounds refused to close.

Well actually it was more like something kept tearing them back open.

Nezuko grunted. Ochako blinked. "Uh, can you handle the kid over there?"

Nezuko turned and looked directly into Ochako's eyes, and nodded, patting her lightly on the cheek.

Ochako smiled. "I'm gonna go help out Tanjiro, ok?"

Ochako floated up high into the sky, just in time to catch Tanjiro who barreled straight into her with a fearful expression etched in his face, his sword tight in his grip.

"Ochako??" Tanjiro gasped as soon as he caught his breath, which wasn't that long. "What are you doing?"

"I could be asking you the same thing! Why are you playing around when you have to kill that demon??" Ochako asked, looking around for the arrow demon. Tanjiro was staring at his chest with wide eyes, and didn't answer her. "Tanjiro?"

"Ochako?" Tanjiro slowly looked up into her eyes. "Why am I not moving?"

"Huh?"

"The arrow demon. The arrows are still going through me trying to move me but I'm not going anywhere."

Ochako blinked. "I don't see—"

"Ochako. Please answer me."

"Are the arrows still—"

"ARRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!"  Yahaba yelled. "WHY AREN'T YOU MOVING!! DIE!! DIIEE!!!"

"Okay, nevermind." Ochako sweatdropped, slowly pushing gravity back onto both Tanjiro and herself to sink to the ground. "That demon can't compete with me when it comes to moving things, Tanjiro. Gravity is my forté, not his." Ochako smiled sweetly. "His blood demon art is no match for my quirk."

Tanjiro stared wide eyes at Ochako, noting her eyes got a slight malicious gleam in them. But her sent was rolling in kindness, not a single drop of the murderous look in her eye. He considered the look being forced but..

"Can you stand?" Ochako asked, holding a hand out to him. He reached up for it, but his hands shook. When he tried to grip her hand his hands stopped responding for a second. Ochako's eyes flashed with something.

"Does it hurt? Oh, nevermind. Don't answer that, of course it hurts. I'm sorry."

Ochako told him to stay where he is for a bit, and walked over to where Yahaba's head was still disintegrating. Then Tanjiro smelled her rage. No.. that wasn't her rage. He snapped his head in her direction just in time to see her raise a bladed sandle and stomp on the remains of the arrow demon, splattering what was left of his head in a gory display. Ochako's face did not change from it's sweet smile, and at that moment, Tanjiro was terrified.

That was not Ochako.

"Stupid demon, trying to control what's mine. Your blood demon art that you're so proud of led your down fall, you—"

"O-Ochako! Please, he's dead! You're done! It's over!" Tanjiro called out, hesitant to use his friends' name. He knows, he can smell it.

The scent radiating off his dear first friend wasn't the night sky and sweet dew he was used to, no. This scent was a completely different one.

It was the smell of aconite monkshood.

Tanjiro barely managed to  whisper a "Who are you..?" To the Aconite(which is what he's gonna call her every time he smells it) when her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed, the scent of Aconite fading and sweet dew returning.

———

✿ What is going on??? Why did that happen to Ochako? Why did Tanjiro so afraid??✿

✿ Sasamaru was seriously pissed when Ochako was coming up for ideas for her new routine. ✿

✿ The Nezuko vs Sasamaru fight is gonna be skipped lol, it happens the same as in the anime/manga✿

Sorry for the short chapter!! (• ▽ •;)