CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Hello, again," Ochako softly smiled. The area around her was impossibly bright, and empty. She stood under the shade of a lone wisteria tree looking at the back of someone she recently became aquatinted with. He was sitting on a tire swing, idly swinging his legs childishly. "Chii-kun.."

"Ocha," He greeted her, turning his head slightly in her direction.

This was Jūryoku no Chikara. Or as Ochako liked to call him; Chii-kun. She floated up a little to sit next to him. "What would you like to ask now?"

Ochako met Chikara a little before the fight with Sasamaru, learning that he resided in her quirk. He was there her entire life, from four years old. In fact, everyone with a quirk has their 'person.' As she learned, the only reason her quirk is developing as it is? It's because the 'restraint' has been released. But...

Ochako bit her lip lightly. The question had been bugging her for a while. "What's... The restraint? Why don't I have it anymore?"

Chikara looked at her from the corner of his eye, noting she was nervous, but ready to hear the answer. This wasn't the first time she asked. But this will be the first time she'll get an answer. Chikara felt a smile grace his lips, and his eyes glinted.

"...that warp. Do you remember falling from it? Your eyes were closed, right up until the near end, am I right?"

"...yes?"

Chikara made Ochako face him, unable to suppress his grin at what was to come. "Hmm, how do I say this? Well, I basically broke the restraint. Of course, so you wouldn't go splat. But me doing that destroyed your chances of going back to your dimension, which needs you to have the restraint. That's how you ended up here, a dimension that doesn't need the restraint for you to survive."

He was saying something, but..

There was no sound. Ochako managed to understand certain words by lip reading, but just snippets like: "....basically broke...", "...go splat...", "...destroyed your chances...", "...needs you...", "...doesn't need..." and "...survive..."

Ochako was about to say something to express the.. confusion brewing in her, but no sound came out. The scenery started to disappear and she could hear him again.

"Looks like I'll have to repeat this next time Ocha. An outsider is trying to wake you up.."

"-ako!" Tanjiro's voice echoed in her head a little before she blearily opened her eyes to glare at whoever dared to wake her from her slumber, who -by the size of the hands- clearly wasn't Nezuko.

"...what?" Her voice was groggy and the sun was shining directly on her legs, making them heat up uncomfortably. She shifted a little.

Turns out she looked like she was having a nightmare.

"It was weird.. at first there was nothing, but then I started to smell a really strong scent of fear, and a little sadness. Are you okay?" Tanjiro asked worriedly, checking her temperature with the back of his hand again.

Ochako gave him a tired smile that made his pull back, looking away. "I'm.. fine. I don't remember what it was..." She reached up and ruffled his hair, making a bit of the hairs fall down his forehead. "Thank you."

Tanjiro still looked worried and he sat back on his legs. He pushed the hairs away from his face, not looking at her. When he spoke again, his voice was a little bit strained, but as she slowly woke and made the futon neater, his voice cleared up. Ochako wondered if he is sick. "Ah, I was telling Zenitsu and Inosuke about you, since they didn't really get to know you yesterday, and Inosuke wants to stretch with you!"