CHAPTER FIVE

Ochako felt sick.

Not because she was sitting in front of some very powerful people, not because she was being assessed like an eagle looking for it's daily snack, not because she was the youngest person in the room.

Because there was someone who hadn't revealed himself yet, and had the heaviest gravity she ever felt.

She doubted she could be in his presence without the gravity pressing on her, and that made her desperately want to release all of it.

A girl with pink and green hair and pale green eyes spoke first, in a dreamy voice. "So, this is the gravity user? She's so cute!"

"She's a bit... Smaller than I thought she would be." A man with heterochromia admitted, staring at her then turning to the girl who spoke first.

"This shrimp controls gravity?" A man with a ton of scars said, staring at her with narrowed eyes. Or was he glaring? Ochako gulped, the strong presence not helping in the slightest.

"How flamboyant! Tell me, how did you manage a gravity breath??" A large man with an odd mark over one of his eyes addressed her with sparkling eyes.

"Huh? Uh, um.." Ochako stuttered, unsure of what to say. "Hi?"

The powerful people were silent for a bit. The a woman with a butterfly in her hair spoke up. "Hello to you too. I'm sorry, we seem to be overwhelming. My name is Koucho Shinobu. We are the Pillars."

"U-uraraka Ochako!" Shinobu  had a kind smile, and a kind voice, but her gravity weighed heavily, more than half the the people in the vicinity. She made Ochako nervous. Why was she so angry?

"Oyakata-sama will be arriving soon," A woman that looked strikingly like the twins from the final selection said, bowing her head.

"Huh?" Ochako turned to her, confused. "He's already here. He hasn't moved at all, has he?"

Everyone's head turned her way, eyes wide. "What?"

Ochako slowly raised her hand and pointed to a closed off room. "He's in there."

Silence. Then every one of the pillars lined up, dropping into a bow faster than a rock sinking in a lake.

Slow clapping reached Ochako's ears. "Amazing." A soft voice spoke out. "I didn't give any indication I was there, but you knew somehow anyway."

Ochako felt the heavy presence get closer, and dropped on her knees. Her eyes were wide and horrified, and sweat poured in gallons off her face. She brought her trembling fingers together as fast as she could, but Oyakata-sama stepped too close.

She dropped completely, her face in the dirt.

"Are you okay?"

Ochako used every ounce of strength she could muster to press her fingertips together and mutter a small 'Release.'

She immediately felt better, and floated up a bit. "Am I okay?" She finally asked, gasping a little for breath. "Are you okay? You have the heaviest—" Ochako cut herself off to shiver. She floated to where she was now upside down in front of Oyakata was.

"What's happening?" He asked, and the two people beside him answered in unison.

"The gravity user is floating in front of you."

His unseeing eyes widened. "Oh! My apologies, I am unable—"

Ochako placed both hands on either side of his face. The Pillars reacted negatively at Ochako touching him, but they were too slow, and she released his gravity everywhere but in his feet to keep him anchored.