CHAPTER NINETEEN

Skystorm320
Yes, Chii-kun looks very similar to Ochako, he is her quirk. He's going to look very similar to her.

XUraviteaX created this cover! I love it thank you so much! I'm updating this for you!

It's not usually a problem for me, but I would really appreciate it if no one asked for updates. I've only accepted to update per request of one person, the first ever commenter for this book. I know it gets frustrating when a writer doesn't update for a long time, i.e. a year, but I updated not too long ago. Again, this update is for the amazing person who made a new cover without me asking them too. (Seriously, thank you-)
--------

When Ochako woke up, she was inside a building. Her haori lay over her like a blanket, and she felt no lasting injuries. Maybe a bruise and a scratch here and there, but it wasn't anything she couldn't easily handle.

She clenched her fist, frustrated. Since when has she been so useless? Why can't she do anything?

Well, she can do something.

She can run away.

Coward.

All she did was run. Run around looking for someone she could have stayed with if she wasn't so lazy to begin with. If she hadn't allowed herself to be pampered like she did.

She can't believe herself. A couple weeks with someone taking care of her and she didn't think to train outside of her morning and night stretches. How could she? What sort of arrogance made her think that just because she had gravity on her side that she was invincible to these quirkless breath users. They have source of power! And the others? Even Zenitsu still trained.

Ochako punched the floor with the side of her fist. She punched it again. Again. Again.

She nearly ground her teeth to a power with the force she was gritting them, punching the floor again and again, choking up. "..why?.. why am I so... Pathetic?" She faced the ground, her arms going limp as her vision blurred. "Oh yeah. Helpful." She said sarcastically, voice thick. "Crying always helps!"

Ochako refused to let these tears fall.

She's wallowed in her self pity for the last time.

When Ochako stood up, determination filled her to the brim. She wasn't going to be useless, never again. Throwing on her haori, she went outside of which she now knew as Muichirou's residence. The first thing she did was look for him. Unable to find him, however, she deduced he was probably in a meeting as of now. After deciding against following Oyakata-sama's gravity to the Ubayashiki estate, she wandered around until finding the training room.

Sure, Ochako could continue to learn as she always had, using her legs, but this time she wanted to be diverse. So she grabbed the first wooden sword she thought would fit her, and watched the other slayers practice basic form. After a little while she noticed they were doing the same thing over and over she mimicked their stance a little ways away and practiced that.

Unfortunately she could tell immediately she wasn't strong enough. So instead she tossed out the idea of using a sword and went back to practicing the many types of kicks, of course starting with basics. The Axe kick would be efficient of cutting limbs, while the crescent kick would be a perfect match for removing a demons' head. At first Ochako thought of using a side kick, but that would roughly hold the same power of a thrust kick. A Brazilian kick, flying side kick, inverted roundhouse kick, and a Tornado axe kick would also be efficient for cutting of the head.

As she kept going, she visualized herself in front of a demon, to see just how her kicks would land and what the end result would be. If she had to say, her method was that of a video game with settings on boss. Just so she could correct even the tiniest mistake.

She continued until she could no longer lift her legs without feeling the strain. Only then she was satisfied. Standing up, she was about to start laps around the entire resident when a familiar voice spoke up.

"You've been at that for a while. I hope what you're going to do now is rest."

"Ah," Ochako felt a smile bloom on her face. "Muichirou! How long have you been there?"

"Around the same time you started leaving the basic kicks. Any reason for this training, or are you just trying not to lose progress in skill?"

"Ah.. no reason! After I rest a little bit, can you teach me the forms?"

Muichirou noticed Ochako's breathing, "...No. Not yet, at least. You need to learn full focus breathing first. I can send you to Shinobu for that.... she has the..proper supplies.."

Ignoring the sting in her legs, Ochako stood up and looked back at her teacher. "No, you're my teacher, right? Teach me!"

Muichirou looked surprised, then tilted his head. "But don't you want to see your friends?"

Ochako nodded, then shook her head. "I do, but right now I'm nothing but a burden to them right now. I want to see them once I get stronger!"

Muichirou hesitated, then nodded slowly. "Okay... But first rest. I mean it. I'll get some supplies, and advise, from Shinobu."

Ochako brightened, throwing her arms around Muichirou in a friendly hug as thanks. "I'll be in your care, sensei!"

———

•Muichirou didn't like Ochako's companions as soon as he saw them. The blonde was a womanizer, the pig was too loud, and he remembered the one with the scar as the boy he threw rocks at(Muichirou apologized only because he was Ochako's companion)•

•Ochako did not rest. As soon as Muichirou left and she made sure he was gone, she did her laps then made her way back to he room to meditate holding up ninety rocks she found on her run•

•Tanjiro smelled Ochako's scent on Muichirou when he came to talk to Shinobu. He wished Ochako was there with the group, he and Nezuko both severely missed the brunette, having never separated from her for as long as now•

I'm sorry for the short chapter! ( ̄ヘ ̄;) This is actually the shortest chapter I wrote for this book aaah I'm so sorry ;A; next one will definitely be longer I promise!(also better quality this chapter is just so horrible in so many ways—)