Chapter 13: Back To Life

Jeff walks back to join the Team.

"Ok gang listen up, TC is still out there, but until he shows himself you all can go back to your normal lives", Jeff says.

"Normal lives, we don't have a life outside of this team", Erica says.

"Actually you all do", Jeff says handing out packets, "Jennifer, Brandon, Dionte, & Erica you all have a senior year you have to complete".

"Is there a different option", Jenn says.

"No", Lynn says.

"Starting Monday, you all have to be to class", Jeff says.

"But I was in 11th Grade I only had 3 years left", Dionte says.

"And that's why you're going to school, cause you only had 1 year to go not 3", Jeff says.

"What about me and Grace, No point in going back to school, they'll fire us", Anissa says.

"Anissa you and Grace will work in Lynn's facility", Jeff says.

They both nod.

"So everybody, go home and get some rest, cause starting Monday, you're going back to real life", Jeff says.

Everyone gets up and walks out of the door. Khalil falls back. He walks up to Jeff.

"What bout me?", Khalil asks.

"What about you?", Jeff says.

"What do you mean, you didn't give me a task?", Khalil asks confused.

"I mean, what do you want to do with your life?", Jeff says.

"Mr. Pierce, I really don't need a Principal Talk right now", Khalil says.

"That's cool, cause I'm not giving you a principal talk, I'm talking to you man to man", Jeff says, "So I'll ask again, what do you want to do with your life?".

"I want to start my own company", Khalil says.

"Doing what?", Jeff says.

"Distributing", Khalil says.

"Legally or Illegally", Jeff asks.

"Does it matter", Khalil asks.

"Yes", Jeff says sternly.

"Legally", Khalil says.

"Doing what?", Jeff asks.

"I said distributing", Khalil says.

"Drugs?", Jeff asks.

"No, I want to help people, I want to distribute jobs, kind of like an employment office", Khalil says.

"Well without a Diploma or a Degree, You're not getting no where", Jeff says.

"What are you trying to say?", Khalil asks.

"There's always an open seat down at Garfield, now you missed some time, so you're gonna have to repeat your Senior Year, but you're smart, you can do it", Jeff says handing Khalil a school packet.

"Thanks, Mr. Pierce", Khalil says turning and walking out.

The next week, Jenn, Brandon, Dionte, & Erica meet in front of the school.

"This seems weird", Dionte says.

"What?", Jenn asks.

"I'm technically 24, I just look 17, why am I going back to school, I mean I would have graduated the next year when I turned 18 anyways it's been 4 whole years since I've been to school.", Dionte says.