Chapter 10: The Book of Second Epiphanies

"Who are you?", Jeff asks.

"My name is Amanzi, it means water in Xhosa", the girl says.

"Are you the water meta Dr. Parker was talking about?", Jenn says.

"I was the water meta", Amanzi starts, "Until I was stripped of my powers".

Jeff looks at Dr. Parker, then walks toward the girl.

"Your still a water meta, your just missing a small amount of your power", Jeff says.

"No, they took away all of my powers, last I heard they put it in a shitty town named Freeland", Amanzi says.

"Watch it that's where we all live", Brandon says.

"No Freeland is pretty shitty right now", Anissa says.

"So what do you want with us", Jenn asks.

"I was thinking that since you got those 2 their powers back that you could get mine", Amanzi says.

"That's gonna be a problem, See the person who has your box is a boy named TC, and he has unlocked these new powers that we have no clue how to fight", Anissa says.

"So what I'm hearing is you're a team of superhumans yet you're scared to go against one boy", Amanzi replies.

"So what I'm hearing is you want help yet you have a smart mouth, and I do believe you came to us for help cause you couldn't beat "one boy" on your own", Jenn says.

"Jennifer!", Jeff snaps.

"No she's right, I'm just a little worked up from losing my powers, but you've got to help me", Amanzi says.

"How about this, you can come with us back to Freeland, after we form a plan, we will get you your powers back", Jeff says.

Amanzi nods in agreement. Jeff walks back over to Dr. Parker.

"Thank You, Dr. Parker for all that you have done for us, now hurry and get out of here, before the police gets here", Jeff says.

"You all are oh so welcome, Thank You for not sending me to the police", Dr. Parker says.

"No Problem", Anissa replies. 

Dr. Parker runs to office to get her belongings, then runs out the door.

"Alright Team, North Carolina has been fun but Freeland needs protecting", Jeff says. "So lets....."

"You don't even have to say it, I been ready to go since we got here", Khalil says walking out.

The team laughs. Jeff shakes his head. They all get on the helicopter and begin their departure back to Freeland. 

While on the helicopter Anissa walks over to Jenn who's laying her head up against the helicopter wall.

"You alright sis?", Anissa asks.

"Yeah just tired!", Jenn says.

"Oh I thought it was about Khalil", Anissa says laying her head on the helicopter wall.

Jenn lifts her head up quickly.

"What about Khalil?", Jenn asks.

"Well he was talking to me about y'all and he thinks that you are feeling the other boys on this team", Anissa says.

"Why would he think that?", Jenn asks.

"I don't know", Anissa asks.

"Well what did you say when he said that", Jenn asks.