Chapter 2: The New Discovery

Sorry for the delay I had a rough month in September and It was hard for me to write but I'm back now and I'm ready, thanks for all of the support.

Jeff and Gambi are in the sanctum looking at a Map of Freeland. There are little red dots all over the map.

"Ok so using TC's chip I have been able to see the places he has spent more than 15 minutes at, now it seems to be a pattern, everyday at the park just in different sections and for some odd reason he has popped up at Anissas, Brandon, & your house", Gambi says.

"Why would TC be at our houses, if he needed help we could have helped him", Jeff explains.

"Maybe he's not there looking for help but for surveillance, as far as we know TC could have gotten dug up and brought back to life by anyone, whoever he is working for has to be controlling him", Gambi replies.

Just then Anissa and Jennifer walk in.

"Who's controlling who?, Jenn asks.

"It's nothing just a person me and Gambi are looking into", Jeff replies.

"Is it TC?", Anissa asks.

"Why would you say that?", Jeff asks.

"Because TC is on the news right now", Anissa says pointing at the TV.

On the TV, There is footage of TC walking inside a shopping mall throwing things everywhere with just a swipe of a hand.

"This was just hours ago when a deranged man attacked the city mall, injuring people and leaving seven dead, reports say that he went to the center of the mall and found a bright glowing object underneath the building, How long will this terror continue, will just have to find out, I'm Carla Hendricks signing off", the news reporter says.

"What was TC looking for?", Jenn asks.

"I don't know but if we leave now we might be able to investigate the crime scene", Jeff says clicking his watch to suit up.

Jenn and Anissa walk in the Pod Room to suit up.

"Ok let's go", Jeff says walking out the door.

"I'll be listening in on you guys so say everything you are seeing into the mic", Gambi says.

"Gotcha", Anissa says walking out behind Jenn and Jeff.

When they arrive at the mall Fire Fighters, Police Officers, and EMTs are in the building. They walk inside the mall and notice an enormous hole in the middle of the floor.

"Whatever he was looking for wasn't small, it had to be dangerous to be stored under ground", Jeff states.

"Yeah and by the indentations in the dirt I can't tell that it was a box and it was full of energy", Jenn replies.

"How do you know?", Anissa asks.

"One of the uses from my powers is the ability to see strong amounts of energy even if it has been gone for a few hours", Jenn states.

"Wow", Anissa replies.

"How many abilities does your power give you?", Jeff asks.

"Too many to count", Jenn replies.

"Uncle Gambi what's this?", Anissa says picking up pieces of a crystal.

"I don't know, but it might give us some clues as to what TC was looking for", Gambi replies.

"Well we got our clues let's leave before the police start questioning us", Jeff states.

As soon as they turn around they're face to face with Christopher Lincoln, the new Chief of Police.

"Do you have something that needs to be questioned?", Chief Lincoln says.

"Nothing that concerns FNPD", Jeff replies.

"Everything concerns us, we're the backbone of Freeland", Chief Lincoln states.

"Aha Freeland PD ain't been nothing since Chief Hendersons departure from the department", Jeff replies.

"Departure, I could have sworn he was dead", Chief Lincoln jokes, "and weren't you and your little team behind that".

"Even if he was working with us, he was still doing a hell of better job than you", Jeff snaps back.

"You know Freeland doesn't need Black Lightning and his sidekicks anymore, they don't do nothing but cause chaos", Chief Lincoln says.

"Sidekicks? Oh you know my name and you'll be reminded of it every time your house shakes during a storm, now we haven't did anything wrong here so step out of our way or we'll move you out of our way and best believe we can do it", Anissa says.

"Oh you're funny", Chief Lincoln says not moving out of the way.

"Is she", Jenn says with her eyes glowing and her fist balled up.

Chief Lincoln smirks and moves out of the way.

"Citizens of the mall, give a round of applause for our Freeland Saviors even if they were 3 hours late", Chief Lincoln yells.

Jenn throws a mini lightning ball over he shoulder. It lands a few inches in front of Chief Lincoln, sparking up. He jumps out of the way. Anissa gets on her motor cycle and Jenn and Jeff take off into the sky. When they arrive back at the Sanctum, Gambi already has his materials out to look at the pieces of crystals Anissa has.

"I swear I hate that new Chief of Police", Jeff says.

"Well we need to avoid him at all cost we don't know if he's a good cop or dirty one, now let me see those crystals", Gambi replies.

Anissa lays the Crystal on the table. Gambi puts one under a microscope. Inside the crystal there are air bubbles.

"That's weird", Gambi whispers.

"What is it?", Anissa asks.

"There are moving air bubbles inside of the crystal", Gambi says backing away from the microscope.

"Ok, so what does that mean?", Anissa asks.

"Air Bubbles don't move unless there is energy in them, I'm gonna cut into this crystal", Gambi says taking a scalpel and cutting into it.

Just then a short but powerful gust of wind comes from the crystal.

"Woah what was that?", Jenn asks.

"I don't know but if this little piece of crystal came from the big thing TC was looking for, we're in deep shit", Jeff replies.

Anissa walks away from the table, talking to herself.

"What is it Anissa?", Jeff asks.

"If I'm thinking correctly, when we found Grace she was digging up holes in the ground at the park, TC made a hole in the Mall, what if there's more of the objects out there and they all have different uses, if they get their hands on too many of those, they will be unstoppable", Anissa says.

They all exchange looks.

"Well we just have to find it before TC does", Jeff exclaims.

"To do that we need to find TC", Gambi says.

"Or a common foe", Anissa says.

"Well I know just the foe that owes us a favor", Jenn says.

"Oh hell no", Jeff says.

Jenn and Anissa smirks and walks out.