Chapter 18: Finale ~ Part 1

"Gambi go get the dart gun", Jeff says pushing Gambi behind him. 

TC pushes the tables and chairs against the wall creating a clear passage to Dionte and Khalil. He then throws Khalil against the wall. He holds his hands out to Dionte, but Dionte throws a fire ball at his hand. 

"Ahh', TC screams falling to the ground cradling his hand.  

Brandon begins shaking the floor but Dionte doesn't stumble, instead he starts making his way to Brandon.

"Don't let him touch you", Jeff says shocking Dionte into the wall. 

Khalil hops back up and runs up to Jeff, kicking him into the wall. While on the floor TC throws Khalil across the room. Gambi emerges from the back room, holding on to a dart gun.

"Who should I shoot first?", Gambi says, "it takes me a few minutes to load them up".

"Shoot Dionte first so he can take down Khalil, he'll have the cure so he can't get infected if he touches him", Jeff says.

Just then Dionte throws three ice balls at Jeff, TC, and Brandon, the ice starts at their feet then begins going up their leg.

"Hurry he's trapping our whole body in Ice", Jeff says.

Gambi shoots Dionte in the leg, then runs to the back to reload. Dionte falls to the ground but the ice keeps taking over Jeff, Brandon, and TC, covering their arms making them incapable of using their powers. Khalil stands up and begins walking up to them.

"How long until the cure works, Khalil is about to touch us and get us infected", Jeff says.

"I'm not sure", Gambi says from the back room.

Khalil keeps waking closer, Gambi runs in to shoot him but Khalil kicks the dart gun out of Gambi's hands and kicks him into the wall. Dionte still lays in the back trying to stand up. Khalil walks up to TC and reaches for his face. Just when he is a inch away, Dionte grabs him by his shirt and throws him into the table and chairs. Khalil jumps back up and runs up to Dionte, who throws him over his shoulders. He then melts the ice around Jeff, Brandon, and TC. Dionte collapses breathing hard. Gambi picks up the dark gun, the once assembled weapon is not broken into pieces. 

"The Dart Gun is broke", Gambi says.

Khalil stands up.

"Give me the dart", TC says reaching for the dart. He levitates it in his hand, then throws it at Khalil's neck.

Khalil falls back on the ground.

"Get them and sit them up in a chair", Jeff says, "They might be weak for a while, but they no longer have the painkiller".

TC helps Dionte into a chair and Brandon helps Khalil.

"Yeah they don't have painkiller but Jenn still does, what are we gonna do about her", Gambi says.

"Maybe I can go back to Tobias and see if he will teach me how to make it", Jeff says.

"No, you're not going back to Tobias, we're not about to keep making deals with devil, every time we get his help, there's always a catch", Gambi says.

"I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!", Jeff shouts, "Jenn is out there, more powerful than us combined, with a team full of metas, we can't beat her".

"Give me some time, I can try and make a serum", Gambi says.

Jeff stares at Gambi for a moment, then walks to the back of the sanctum. Later that night he sneaks out of the sanctum and goes to Tobias' penthouse. When he arrives Tobias is playing chess by himself.

"I knew you'd be back", Tobias says.

"How?", Jeff says.

"If I play my pieces right, I always make them backtrack", Tobias says, "Come play with me".

"This isn't a game of chess, this is life or death", Jeff says.

"For who, You, Your Team, Freeland?", Tobias asks.

"My daughter!", Jeff states.

"Oh, Baby Lightning, you know I never liked her", Tobias says.

"The Feelings Mutual", Jeff replies.

"How is her life in danger?", Tobias asks.

"She has the painkiller and she was already a powerful meta, now she has about 10 powers", Jeff says.

"Well it sounds like your the one that's in a life or death situation, not your daughter", Tobias says.

"Do you have more of the cure or not?", Jeff says.

"Not!", Tobias replies.

"I'm not dumb Tobias, I know you have more!", Jeff replies.

"You negros don't listen well do you?", Tobias asks, "I don't have any more serum".

"So I'm just supposed to let my daughter stay like this forever?", Jeff asks.

"Beat's Me, besides I don't care anything about your daughter", Tobias says.

Jeff grabs Tobias and hold him up against the wall.

"Well I do, and you better tell me a way to stop this or I will light your Albino ass up", Jeff says.

"I don't take well to threats Mr. Pierce", Tobias says.

"Well then you should be fine, cause that was a promise", Jeff says, his eyes starting to glow.

Tobias and Jeff stare at each other for a while. 

"Put me down and I can help you", Tobias says

"There is one way, but it's not a heroes favorite choice", Tobias says.

"I'm not killing my daughter", Jeff says.

"How I would love for that to happen, that's not what I'm talking about", Tobias starts, "see Painkiller is just a Latin Curse, but I know my way around Latin Legends, There's a saying called "huc atque illuc" which means......".

"From one to another", Jeff says. 

"Yes, somebody's been doing they're research", Tobias says.

"What does this do?", Jeff asks.

"It takes the curse from one person to a person that utters the words", Tobias starts, "But in your case you nor any member of your team can say this because you all are powerful metas, but if you get a person without powers to say the Latin words, the virus won't give the person any powers, but the heart of that person will always be dark".

"I can't use an innocent soul", Jeff says.

"No one is truly ever innocent", Tobias says.

"But there has to be another way", Jeff says.

"There isn't, but now's the time for you to decide whether your gonna save your daughter or curse an inncoent", Tobias says.

Jeff turns and walks to the elevator.

"You know what you have to do", Tobias says.

Jeff looks back at Tobias for a moment then walks out.