Chapter 16: Jenn Overloaded

The team helps Brandon up and into a chair. Gambi walks into the room Jenn was in, the straps that were holding Jenn down are now snapped in half and singed. He looks up and there's a hole in the ceiling through the Tailor Shop and now there's a clear view of the night sky. He walks back over to Brandon.

"So what happened?", Gambi asks.

"I don't know, I was about to wipe the sweat off of her face, when she woke up, put her hands around my neck and threw me through the door", Brandon says.

"But that's impossible, Jenn isn't strong enough to throw someone threw a door", Jeff says.

"I told you, that wasn't the Jenn I know", Brandon replies.

"Then who was it?", Lynn asks.

"It was painkiller", Gambi says.

"What, no Khalil is painkiller", Anissa says.

"No, Khalil is Khalil, painkiller isn't a person, it's a virus, and now Jenn has it", Gambi says.

"How could Jenn have it?", Anissa asks.

"When TC figured out a way to lock Painkiller behind a firewall", Gambi starts, "He took a small piece of painkiller with him, and since he's a meta, it multiplied quickly and took over TC's body and when Jenn shocked TC to protect Lynn and it had some draw back, it moved from TC's body to her".

"This isn't good", Jeff says.

"Why do you say that?", Brandon asks.

"When painkiller gets into a meta's body it gives them powers based on their strength, Khalil got Venom, TC got Telekinesis, and they are weaker metas, Jenn's a powerful meta, if she gets anymore powers, she's gonna be unstoppable", Jeff says.

"What powers could Jenn get?", Brandon asks.

"That depends, she could get one or all of them", Gambi says.

"That's impossible, maybe TC and Khalil, just didn't have physical powers so Painkiller developed them, I mean one had mental powers and one had none, no offense", Dionte says.

Khalil gives a fake smile.

"That's not true, Jenn threw you through the door right, Brandon?", Anissa says.

"Yeah and?", Anissa says.

"Lighting Powers cant physically grab you and throw you, Jenn has super strength", Anissa says.

The teams eyes get big.

"That's just one power, Jenn pretty strong so Painkiller can develop more because he's thinks Jenn can handle it", Gambi says.

"And if she can't?", Brandon 

"Jenn is gonna be Overloaded", Lynn says.

The team exchanges looks. 

"Gambi where is Jenn now?", Jeff asks,

Gambi walks over and grabs his iPad.

"That's weird", Gambi starts.

"What is it?", Khalil asks. 

"It says Jenn is right in the room with us, the system must be malfunctioning", Gambi says.

TC walks over to a computer monitor.

"No her suit chip is definitely showing that she's in the same room as us too", TC says looking at one of the monitors, "and they don't appreciate you saying they're malfunctioning".

Erica walks over to a monitor showing outside of the sanctum.

"Guys", Erica says.

"I could never get use to him talking to machines, like what kind of power is that", Dionte says.

"and I could never get use to you just being here, like why are you here", TC says.

"Guys", Erica says again.

"To take down people like you", Dionte says.

"I could've sworn Jenn took me down ", TC says.

"Helloooo", Erica says.

"Wow so much better, bodied by a girl", Dionte says.

Just then the door to the sanctum opens, the team turns around, and Amanzi stands there confused.

"Is there a reason, the lighting girl is floating above the building, sleep?", Amazi says.

"What, seriously, Erica you're looking at the cameras and you didn't tell us", Anissa says.

"I was trying but dumb and dumber were at each other's necks", Erica says.

The team runs out of the building. Above the building Jenn is shining bright, her eyes closed. The team shields their eyes. 

"She's brighter than the sun", Grace says.

"Uh Jeff don't you think you should go up there and check on her", Lynn says.

Jeff flies up to examine Jenn.

"Jenn", Jeff whispers trying to wake her up.

He reaches for her hand, Just then her eyes open, still glowing. She grabs Jeff and throws him to the ground. Lynn and Anissa run over to Jeff. 

Khalil taps Brandon and nods toward the stairs to the roof, They sneak off toward it. 

Dionte flies up, to take down Jenn, he shoots her with Ice first, but she breaks out of it, and shoots an electronic bolt at him, he dodges it and shoots fire at her, which she dodges. He then puts his hands together.

"Please don't make me do this", Dionte says.

Jenn flies up and separates his hands.

"It's okay, you won't have to", Jenn says throwing him through a nearby building.

Grace and Erica take off to go help him.

Amanzi sends a water ball at Jenn, but it just ignites her electricity more.

"Well I'm out", Amanzi says.

"TC, see if you can pull Jenn to the ground", Gambi says.

TC holds out his glowing red hands and begins pulling her toward him. Her powers go out as she starts moving toward the ground. Then she starts flying back up.

"TC what's going on?", Gambi asks.

"I don't know, it feels like she's pulling me toward her", TC says beginning to rise up off the ground.

Anissa runs up and grabs his feet, he begins moving back toward the ground. Jenn's eyes light up as she pulls TC a little harder, Anissa takes a deep breath and pulls TC back, they both fall to the ground. Just then Khalil tackles Jenn on the roof, she burst out of his grasp, and sends Khalil flying off the roof, he holds on to the edge of  roof, trying not to fall. Brandon runs over and tries to help him, but Jenn yanks him back and throws him on the ground, she holds out her glowing hand about to hit him.

"Jenn wait you know me, I'm your boyfriend, and you're my girlfriend, come back to me", Brandon says.

Jenn hesitates for a moment then her hands stop glowing, she continues to look Brandon in the eyes, and starts to smile, but the smile fades and she kicks him across the roof.

"I don't know why y'all bother, y'all couldn't take me without my new powers, why try to fight me now", Jenn says.

Grace, Erica, and Dionte walk out of the building, Dionte limping.

"New Powers?", Gambi says, "and how many is that?".

"About 10 new powers, let me show you one", Jenn says holding out her hands and waving over everybody beneath her.

Just then Anissa, Grace, Erica, Amanzi, and Lynn starts walking toward Jenn in a trance.

"Girls, I need your help with what I'm tryna do, Follow me", Jenn says flying to the ground and walking away from the Rest of team, the Women following her. 

The men start to move toward them to stop the Women from leaving. 

"and if you touch me or my girls, I'll blow the whole block up, Jenn says throwing an electronic ball behind her, after the smoke clears the girls are gone.

The Men look at each other startled.