Chapter 7: The Book Of Elements ~ Fire & Ice

Jeff and The Team are packing for the trip to North Carolina, they patiently wait for the Helicopter to land for their Pickup. 

"Everyone needs to hurry, the helicopter will be here any minute", Jeff says.

"How did you get a helicopter without Uncle Gambi?", Jenn asks.

"Gambi made an incase of an emergency relief file, I have access to any type of transportation, files on everybody in the world, anything that we would possibly need if he was unable to be here", Jeff says, "I also have a radar that tells me when Metas are near"

"That's Uncle Gambi for you always thinking ahead", Anissa says.

Just then the sound of a helicopter comes from outside, Jeff motions everyone out of the safe house. They all get on the helicopter.

"What did you do with those two guys back there?" Khalil asks.

"I locked them in the basement with Food and Water, I put a cloak around the house so they are unable to use their powers or be detected", Jeff says.

"So what's the plan for when we get to Charlotte and actually find where they're holding Dionte?", Erica asks.

"My Dad and Jenn will fly down first and take out any guards around the facility, the helicopter will land and the rest of us will get off. Grace & Erica, you guys are gonna go find the security cameras, My Dad and Jenn will make a path for Me and Khalil to go rescue Dionte", Anissa says.

"That sounds like a good plan", Khalil says.

After about 40 minutes, Jeff's radar starts going off. 

"Excuse me pilot slow down over this next building", Jeff says.

The helicopter comes to a halt over a small building.

" For them to be stripping Dionte of his powers this building sure is little", Grace says.

"Yeah that's weird, plus there's no guards", Erica says.

"But it says there's a meta in the building", Jeff says.

"Well maybe you and Jenn can drop down and investigate", Anissa says.

Jeff looks at Jenn who nods in agreement, The helicopter doors open as Jenn and Jeff jump out and land in front of the building. Jeff walks up to building and tries to open it but its locked. 

"Dad there's a keypad, maybe if I shock it hard enough it will unlock", Jenn says.

"Go for it", Jeff says standing back.

Jenn walks up to the keypad and shocks it, it sparks for awhile then there's a sound of a door being unlocked. Jeff pulls on the door and it opens. They walk in and it's pitch black. Jenn holds up a lightning ball for light. They look around and there's cobwebs everywhere. Jenn hears breathing beside her, she turns and faces the sound, just then an object grabs her and throws her into the wall. Jeff runs over to comfort her. He stands up to examine the room, his eyes light up and the lights for the room come up. A man in a mask jumps in front of him and tries to punch him, he ducks out of the way and kicks the man into the wall. The man gets up and charges at Jeff, he pushes Jeff into the wall and tries to punch him, but Jeff moves out of the way. The mans hand goes through the wall. Jeff looks at him wide eyed.

"Meta", Jeff mumbles.

Jeff shocks him into the wall. He walks up to unmask the man but he vanishes before Jeff can unmask him. Jeff looks around but the man is no where to be found. Jenn comes to and stands up.

"What happened?", Jenn asks.

"I'll explain on the helicopter but for now we have to go", Jeff says motioning out the door. 

They walk out and Fly up to the helicopter.

"Was it a meta?", Anissa asks. 

"A very strong one, I think he had powers like you", Jeff says.

"So where is he?", Khalil says.

"About that.....", Jeff starts.

Jeff begins explaining to them what happen, halfway through the story his radar goes off again.

"This has to be the building, Dionte's coordinates just popped up within the building", Jeff says.

"Well what are we waiting for lets move out", Khalil says standing up.

Jeff and Jenn jump out of the helicopter they land on the ground and send off an immense electronic cloud, shocking anyone in a 10 yard radius. 

"That's all of the men guarding the building", Jeff says through the mic.

Anissa jumps downs from the helicopter, Grace morphs into an eagle and flies down. The helicopter lands and Erica and Khalil hop out. 

"Ready?", Anissa asks.

The team nods in agreement, Anissa walks up to the door and kicks it down. They all run in, there's guards all around them.

"Grace & Erica I see the security room over there, go find where there holding Dionte", Anissa says.

"Babe there's like 10 Guards over there", Grace says.

Anissa walks towards the guards, they begin shooting at her. After about 20 seconds they're all out of bullets. 

"Y'all done?", Anissa asks thunder clapping knocking the guards into the wall.

Grace and Erica run to the Security Room. Just then the sound of someone screaming happens upstairs.

"That must be Dionte", Jeff says. 

"Anissa, Khalil go we will take out these guards down here", Jenn says.

Jeff and Jenn begin fighting off the guards, clearing a path for Anissa and Khalil. Anissa and Khalil take off toward the staircase, as they near the second floor Khalil stops Anissa in her tracks.

"Wait a minute, I hear someone coming", Khalil says.

He pulls out a knife and throws it around the corner, a man grunts then hits the floor.

"Good ears", Anissa says running up the stairs, "Grace and Erica which room is Dionte in?".

"Check your watch for the coordinates", Grace says.

Anissa looks down at her watch.

"That's weird", Anissa says.

"What?", Khalil asks.

"For some odd reason, it says that Dionte is right behind us", Anissa says.

"There's nothing odd about it", a voice says behind them.

Anissa and Khalil turn on their heels. Dionte stands behind them eyes white as snow.