Chapter 8: The Book Of Elements ~ Earth As A Person

"He's under a trance", Anissa says.

"Then we have to knock him out of it", Khalil says pulling out a knife and throwing it at Dionte.

Dionte moves his head, nearly missing the knife. As he turns to look at what was thrown at him, Khalil slides towards him and kicks him in the leg. Dionte loses his balance and falls, simultaneously him and Khalil do a kip-up and land on their feet. Khalil tries to kick Dionte but he freezes Khalil's leg, then breaks the ice with his fire and swings Khalil into the wall by his leg. 

"You know, now might be a good time for you to help out", Khalil says to Anissa struggling to get up.

Anissa thunder claps sending Dionte into the wall. Dionte stands up and charges at her, Anissa tries to thunderclap again but this time Dionte grabs her hand and separates them, then kicks her in the stomach. She starts to fall but catches herself. She runs back up with a punch but Dionte ducks out of the way and knocks her to the ground.

"Damn", Anissa says.

"You see that black thing on his neck", Khalil asks.

"Yeah, what about it?", Anissa asks.

"I think that's what controlling him, not a Mind Manipulator like what was controlling us", Khalil says.

"If we can keep him still long enough, we can snatch it out", Anissa says.

"Exactly", Khalil replies.

Khalil helps Anissa up. Dionte shoots a Fireball at Khalil but he ducks out of the way, then he sends an Ice-ball at Anissa freezing her lower half, in a split second she breaks out of it and Thunder Stomps, sending Dionte stumbling backwards into the wall. Khalil throws 4 knives at his shirt to attach his shirt to the wall so he can't move. Anissa runs up and snatches the chip out of Dionte's neck.

"Ahhh", Dionte groans blinking fast and holding his neck, "What happened?"

"Long story short, You and the rest of team besides me, my Dad and Jenn was kidnapped by TC after the mission we did to stop Gravedigger, we rescued Khalil, Grace, & Erica but as we were hiding out TC who was disguised as My mom who mysteriously disappeared during the fight with Gravedigger, took my Uncle Gambi as well and as for you and Brandon, y'all got stolen from TC and sent upcountry to North Carolina so that they could strip your powers to make an unlimited supply of Earths Resources, we came to rescue you but you started attacking us and now we have to go to Raleigh to save Brandon before the strip him of all of his powers", Anissa says.

"What's with you and your family given these long detailed summaries", Khalil says.

"Wait so TC is alive", Dionte asks.

"Really I give this long summary and all you take from it is TC being alive", Anissa says.

"Sorry, but how can you overlook it", Dionte says.

"You know what let's go", Anissa says running back towards the stairs.

Jenn, Jeff, Grace, & Erica are all standing downstairs talking and laughing.

"Oh so no one heard us up there getting our asses kicked, while y'all down here talking and laughing", Anissa asks.

"I was kicking y'all ass?", Dionte asks.

"Barely", Khalil says quickly.

"Not the point", Anissa says.

"You said that you and Khalil will handle it so that's what we let yall do" Jenn says.

"Don't worry Me, Jenn, and Dionte will help take down Brandon", Jeff says.

"Thank you so much", Anissa says sarcastically.

"Dionte are you up to fight", Jeff asks.

"No not really, after being drained of my powers and fighting Anissa and Khalil, I don't think I have the strength to", Dionte says.

"Well we'll just use you as back up just in case", Jeff says.

Jenn walks up to Dionte and rubs his shoulder. 

"It's good to have you back", Jenn says.

Dionte smiles. Khalil frowns.

"Alright gang, I've contacted the police and let them know what happened, lets go to Raleigh to rescue Brandon", Jeff says motioning everyone out the door.

After they get on the helicopter they ride for 40 minutes until the radar starts going off. 

"This must be the place, remember same plan as before but this time Me and Jenn will switch with Anissa and Khalil", Jeff says.

"And what plan is that", Dionte says struggling to stand.

"Don't worry about it, you just stay here and rest up", Jeff says.

Once again Jeff and Jenn jump out of the helicopter they land on the ground and send off an immense electronic cloud, shocking anyone in a 10 yard radius.

"Once again that's all of the men guarding the building", Jeff says through the mic.

Anissa jumps downs from the helicopter, and again Grace morphs into an eagle and flies down. The helicopter lands and Erica and Khalil hop out. This time Anissa walks right past them and kicks the door down.

"We have no time to be wasting", Anissa says.

"Okayyyyy", Jenn says confused.

"This building looks exactly like the other one", Erica says.

"Good so we know where to go", Jeff says.

Anissa sends off a body blast to clear the way for Grace and Erica.

"We seriously gotta discuss this new ability", Jenn says.

"Do you guys need me and Khalil to clear a path for you guys", Anissa asks.

"No need we have different forms of transportation", Jeff says smiling.

Just then him and Jenn fly across the room and up the stairs. 

"Grace do I even have ask?", Jenn says.

"Nope he's right behind y'all", Grace says.

Jeff and Jenn both turn quickly and shoot lightning bolts at Brandon.  He builds up two trees to block the Lightning Bolts then sends a big wind gust at Jeff and Jenn knocking them off their feet.

"You know even evil and trying to hurt us, his hair still looks better than mine", Jenn says. 

Jeff rolls his eyes then jumps to his feet, him and Jenn fly beside Brandon and shock him simultaneously and nonstop. It hurts him for a minute then he starts pulling it inside his body then pushing it all out at once . Jenn and Jeff get blasted across the room. Just then Ice and Fire balls start coming out of nowhere Jenn and Jeff turn to see a powerless Dionte struggle to fight Brandon, missing every time. On the last throw he throws an ice-ball and hits Brandon in the chest. They both fall to the ground. Jeff and Jenn run over to Brandon, Anissa and Khalil run upstairs and run over to Dionte. 

"He must be all out of power and drained himself out so much his body shut down", Anissa says.

Khalil looks at Anissa nervously.

"Dad what's wrong with him?", Jenn asks.

Just then a circle of Ice starts to form on Brandon's shirt.

"I think Dionte just froze Brandon's heart and without his full powers he can't heal properly", Jeff says.

"So what do we do?", Jenn asks.

"I don't know", Jeff says rubbing his head.