Chapter 9: The Book Of Elements ~ Recharged

"I do!", a voice says behind them.

The team turns around to see a woman in a lab coat holding a clipboard.

"Who are you?", Anissa asks standing up.

"Uh I'm one of the lead scientist here, who experimented on your friends and stripped them of their powers", the lady says nervously, "My name is Dr. Parker".

"Well Dr. Parker give me one reason I shouldn't light your ass up?", Jenn says.

"Because I never wanted to experiment on your friends, I was forced to", Dr. Parker says.

"How are you still conscious?", Khalil asks.

"I ran and hid in the saferoom, and sealed it shut, I was the only person that could go in there because I am the lead scientist and the other one's could easily be replaced", Dr. Parker says.

"So you can help them?",  Jeff asks.

"With the help of you all though", Dr. Parker says.

"What can we do?", Grace asks.

"Well in order to help them and heal them quickly, I have to give them there full powers back, kinda like a recharge", Dr. Parker says.

"How do we do that?", Jenn asks.

"You have to go find the boxes, where we put their powers in", Dr. Parker says.

"Didn't TC already find one?", Jeff asks.

"I don't know a TC but the box that was stolen wasn't theirs it was a water based meta", Dr. Parker says.

"So where are their boxes?", Erica asks.

" I can send you the coordinates", Dr. Parker says, "they have been placed in 3 different parts around North Carolina a shovel will be near".

"Why was the water box in Freeland and these boxes are in North Carolina?", Jeff asks.

"They hide them in a state different from where the meta lives, because if the meta ever gets close to the box, the box can raise up out of the ground and come back to the meta, the water meta lives here in North Carolina", Dr. Parker says.

"So what are the three boxes we have to retrieve", Anissa asks.

"A Fire Box which is really hot so you need gloves and a Ice Box which is really cold so you will again need gloves for Dionte, and a Earth Box for Brandon which is very heavy so someone strong will need to get it.", Dr. Parker says, "we have helicopter that you guys can take to get there", 

"That's fine, I can fly and so can my dad, plus we have a helicopter", Jenn says.

"Ok Erica your with me to get the Ice Box, Anissa you get the heavy Earth Box with Khalil, and Grace and Jenn can fly over to get the Fire Box", Jeff says.

"Well lets roll out", Jenn says.

"Wait who's gonna stay here with them?", Anissa asks.

"I'll stay here and keep them stable until you guy's get back", Dr. Parker says.

"Ok thanks", Anissa says running down the stairs.

When they get outside Jeff picks up Erica and flies off. Grace morphs into a bird and her and Jenn take off into the sky. While Anissa and Khalil get in the helicopter and fly off.

After flying for a few minutes, Jeff and Erica land in a city named Durham, they walk through a forest for about 5 minutes.

"Hey, Mr. Pierce, can I ask you something", Erica says.

"Anything", Jeff replies.

"Do you think we will ever, get TC and bring him back to his old self", Erica asks.

"It's a possibility, it could happen and then it might not happen", Jeff says.

"I just don't know if I could ever go against him to take him down and experience that hurt of losing him again" Erica says.

"Well Erica you just have to make a choice, if it comes down to it, would you rather save TC for you love life or Save the world and prevent TC from hurting anyone", Jeff says.

"You mean save him for love or kill him for humanity", Erica says.

"If it came to it", Jeff starts, "but that's a discussion for a later date, just help me dig this cube up".

After Jenn and Grace fly for about 40 minutes, they arrive at a city in Greensboro, they make there way towards a cornfield.

"Hey Jenn does Anissa ever talk to you about me?", Grace asks.

"Yeah, but it's about little stuff like what you be cooking and stuff, why what's wrong?", Jenn asks.

"She's been distant lately, like she talks to me but it's like speak, kiss, and keep it moving and it's something we were both doing at one point but I stopped and she continues to do it", Grace says.

"Well did she do something", Jenn asks.

"No, I don't think so", Grace says.

"Did you do something", Jenn says raising an eyebrow.

"No!", Grace says quickly.

"Then it's probably nothing, if you want to connect to Anissa, you have to take the first move, she's not the best when it's time to discuss problems", Jenn says.

"Thank you", Grace says.

"Now do me a favor and morph into something to detect that box", Jenn says.

Khalil and Anissa had flew for about 35 minutes and arrived at a city named Fayetteville.

"It says that the box is buried, 15 yards north, so lets get walking", Anissa says.

They start their walk.

"So is Jenn feeling Brandon or Dionte", Khalil asks.

"Jenn is feeling the team, she cares about the members on this team, she's not flirting she just has a deep passion for a person when their life is in her hands, so don't take it personal", Anissa says.

"Do you think she still cares for me?", Khalil asks.

"She will always care for her first love, but this is a conversation you should have with her", Anissa says, "Now help me dig up this box".

Khalil grabs a shovel and begins to dig.

Back at the facility, Dr. Parker has laid them on a Hospital Bed. All of sudden Brandon's eyes turn white and Dionte's turn purple as they begin rising up off the bed a little. 

"Your boxes are close, they are calling you to them", Dr. Parker says to herself while strapping them down to the bed.

After about 10 minutes the gang rushes in carrying the boxes. Dionte and Brandon burst out of their straps. Dr. Parker runs down the steps. 

"Let the boxes go they will find their host", Dr. Parker says.

They all let go and the boxes fly upstairs.

"Why did you come from up there", Erica asks.

"You don't wanna be around when they come in contact with their host", Dr. Parkers says.

Just then a loud boom happens and a bright white and green light shine from upstairs, the team shields their eyes. When they open it Dionte and Brandon are standing at the top of the stairs with smoke all around them.

"Wow, I feel amazing like I have been born again", Dionte says.

"You should, your green light made mine look like a flashlight", Brandon says.

"Omg you guys are okay", Jenn says running up to hug them.

"Thank you so much for helping us Dr. Parker", Jeff says to her.

"It's the least I could do", Dr. Parker replies.

"Could you do the same for me", an unfamiliar voice says.

The team turns around to see who is talking.

TO BE CONTINUED......