25

Jimin's POV

Being left alone in the garden with as only companions the cool breeze and my scattered thoughts, I pondered about what happened in the last hour or so, the state of shock never leaving no matter how I try to assess the reality of things.
I found my fated one, but he doesn't want me.
Why does this remind me so much of someone I know.
I snort. Right. This is exactly what's happening with Taehyung and Jungkook.
Not like I didn't have time to think about that situation before, but right at this moment, some things seemed to click in a weirdly clear way. For instance, you see, Taehyung rejecting Jungkook was an excuse to keep me around.
I know Taehyung more than anyone else, probably even more than he knows himself at times, so why is it that I didn't understand sooner that him adamantly refusing to acknowledge his mate had more to do with me than I had expected.
Before the whole slapping fiasco, I was pretty much sure Taehyung was ignoring me, or at least trying his best to do so but I just had to ruin, hadn't I?
I thought to myself that it must've had something to do with exams stress and his trip to the pack earlier that week since I know first hand how much pressure his brother and Jin are putting on him to accept Jungkook.
Heck I too was doing it at first but every damn time I couldn't get the guilty look he used to spared me whenever the raven boy was mentioned, out of my head.
Surely by now I should've known that the only reason Taehyung would want nothing to do with his fated mate is because he is afraid that whatever we have between us will no longer be.
I snort again at my own stupidity.
A few hours ago if you asked me whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life with I would answer Kim Taehyung without batting an eyelash.
So why is it that now, I feel reluctant in answering the same way?
Though I highly suspect it has to do with that beta I just met. Goddess how did Taehyung even manage to ignore his mate for this long? I just met mine a couple hours ago and I'm already questioning everything.
Maybe I'm just an asshole.
Or maybe I underestimated Taehyung's attachement to our bond.
Groaning loudly, I can't help grabbing the roots of my hair tightly, hoping the pain would ease the ever growing headache forming at the back of my head from all this clashing nonsense.
This has to be some sort of karma biting at my ass.
I was the main reason why my best friend wouldn't accept his mate and now my own mate is rejecting me. Life really is funny like that I guess.

"Park Jimin!" I turn around abruptly pausing my inner tumult to face a voice I didn't hear in a while.

"Mark! 'S been a while." I smile genuinely at my fellow pack member only to see two figures trailing behind him, furiously waving my way. Bam Bam and Lucas.

"You bet it has! Where do you bury yourself? I swear apart from catching you and Taehyung in classes occasionally, we never see you." Bam Bam accused as soon as he approached, a gorgeous smile on display.

"Stop harassing me Bam Bam, you know how Taehyung and I are." I roll my eyes in exaggeration.

"Yeah! Like you two don't even share, it's not funny anymore." I smile broadly, shameless and proud because why not, causing the rest to laugh it off.

"Speaking of Taehyung, where the hell is he?" Lucas asked, talking for the first time. I can't help the visible frown at the mention of my soulmate's whereabouts. Last time I saw him- or rather heard him was when he was sobbing his heart out, occasionally screaming in pain in our shared dorm room. I almost broke the door trying to get to him only to be held back by both Namjoon, my father and surprisingly two tall and broad shouldered men that had a very distinct southern accent.
I didn't really pay much attention due to my outburst but I'm pretty sure they're from Jungkook's side. After all, his brother had apparently ordered them to bring Taehyung to his appartement in the pack ground, something about it being safer and less public.
It took Namjoon a hell lot of convincing to accept the request but finally suggested doing it once Taehyung would be either asleep or unconscious, insisting to get him there himself. Knowing his baby brother, in pain or not, he would put up a fight to get to the black haired alpha.
Gosh, that was yesterday night but I have absolutely no idea on what's been going on ever since.

"Uhm he's kinda sick. Probably caught a cold or something like that. Been in the dorms for a week." I did my best to answer nonchalantly which the boys thankfully didn't catch on.

"Ah, damn." Bam Bam seemed to sadden at the news so Mark quickly explained.

"We actually wanted to hang out since it's winter break already! We thought we could get Alpha Namjoon's permission to use the cabins in the mountains for the week."
My mouth opens in understanding. They wanted to see Taehyung so he can convince his brother to let us go to the cabins. Well too bad Taehyung is in no shape or form to do that. I ushered my mind to come up with some kind of fast excuse to make them forget about this stupid idea already only to feel my mouth stay wide open at the sight directly in front of me.
Taehyung was coming out from the main building, where I assume he was with his brother, clothes that don't look like his at all more less smell so, a beautiful boxy smile forming as soon as he notices us.
What the-

"Heya! Sup bitches."

The three boys who were formerly looking at me like I'm some kind of clown- which I kinda am- turned to the familiar deep voice, cheering collectively.

"Ah Taehyung! There you are!" Lucas smiled arms open to give the brunette a bro hug.

"Asshole we've been looking for you everywhere! Do you ever check your phone dude?" Mark snapped, hugging the boy nonetheless.

"Sorry I lost the charger somewhere and didn't care enough to find it." He lied masterfully, eyeing me quickly. I only offered him half a smile, still shook seeing him up and walking normally like nothing happened. And that sweater. Goddess his sweater reeks of a masculine perfume that smells an awful lot like the one I smelled on Jungkook that first day.

"-no I'm okay don't worry, just a quick flu." I realized I missed a good portion of the conversation as I was debating on the smell of Taehyung's clothes and the fact that it made my wolf very... unhappy. I shook the thought forcefully faster than it came.

"So it's really settled?" Mark asked with childish hopeful eyes as Taehyung grinned, nodding in confirmation.

"See? That's why I love you bro!" Bam Bam jumped on the taken aback alpha, who pulled a pretty accurate disgusting face with gagging sounds, but made to hug the platinum blond all the same.
My eyes widened when I, finally, understood what's going on.

"Wait. We're going to the cabins?" I asked no one in particular.

A screech answered me as Mark jumped up and down by Lucas' side. "Fuck yes! And we're going first thing tomorrow!"

I turned to look at Taehyung incredulous. My face must have said it all because he put Bam Bam down letting him decide loudly with the rest of the boys what kind of activities we can do there, and approached me slowly.

"We need it Minnie. It's been a while since we got to do any pack activities."

"It's not about that.." I looked down, not knowing how to approach the subject without feeling guilty and bad. Taehyung's hand on my chin snapped me out of it, allowing me to closely study his handsome tanned face.

"If it's about Jungkook, he's coming along." My eyes widen but he only shrugged. "I made a promise to Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung. Actually Namjoon was the one who proposed the trip. He said that we should all get to rest a bit and see.. how things work out."

He didn't have to precise who the "we" and what things he was referring to and I didn't ask him to elaborates either, only nodding along.

A.N: phew! I can't wait to write the cabins chapters hehe love y'all 💜