28

Nervously tapping my foot, phone in hand and brows furrowed in concentration, I waited.
After what felt like forever, it finally picked up.

"Hello?" I breathe out.

"Hello." Nothing was heard for like a minute but the distant swish of blankets moving and bare feet padding on the hard floor.

"How did you get my number?"

I roll my eyes, not expecting anything else.

"Your brother." A string of curses sound a bit far away, as if the phone was momentarily held away, until his deep groggy morning voice greeted me again.

"What do you want, Jeon?"

I try not to flinch at his condescending and harsh tone.

"Is Jimin with you, right now?"

"The fuck you care a-"

"Just answer the damn question, Kim." I sigh, already tired from this conversation. After what I assume is him gritting his teeth, he answers in annoyance.

"Yes."

"Okay, good. Listen now, I need you to prevent him from coming with us tomorrow."

"The fuck are you on about, Jeon?" He hisses. Shit, I knew this was gonna be difficult.

"Just, please listen to me. He can't come to the cabins with us."

"First of all, there's no fucking 'us'. And if anyone should not come to this trip it's definitely you, Jeon. Now if you're done with the delusional bullshit, I'd very much like to sleep."

"Taehyung wai-"

I hear the bip indicating that he without a doubt, hang up. I curse, throwing the phone on the nearest countertop. I knew he hated my guts, but I didn't know how deep his hatred ran.
Shrugging, I get up and go to my empty suitcase, the one Jin landed me all smiles, assuring me over and over again how much fun I was going to have.
Well I guess this will have to wait.

I sit on the sofa in the small living space of my apartment, and dial my brother's number. After two rings, he answers.

"Hyung I don't feel well, I think I might've eaten something bad." I fake wince and I hear Yoongi's rushed words. It seems like he didn't catch a lick of sleep either.

"Yeah, I think it's best if we stay here for today. I mean if you want to go still-" he interrupts me immediately and I nod, even though he can't see.

"Okay. Thank you, hyung."

Well now that's dealt with. I open the text app and quickly go over the messages from the last sender.

'He's doing fine, don't worry Kookie. But he needs his mate.' -Jisoo

I reply with a small thanks and answer her questions about my well-being before closing the conversation and opening another one.

'I booked the tickets, the departure is Sunday, 2:35 pm.' -Seojoon Hyung

Sighing, I finally lay down on my bed. I hadn't really hoped plan A would work at all. Honestly, I didn't even think Taehyung would pick up. I wanted him to prevent Jimin from going to the cabins tomorrow so he wouldn't meet with Yoongi while we were there. Then my brother would catch the train from there directly and get back home to where his husband was quite literally, dying to see him.
I'm glad I planned plan B ahead too. I knew Yoongi wouldn't allow me to travel if I was sick, especially if the sickness in question is food poisoning. Yeah, no one wants to travel like that. I also knew Yoongi would likely stay by my side, making sure that my state doesn't worsen.