50

"Jiminie?" Seokjin gently called the wolf. "You don't have to do this, okay?"

"We won't send you there if you're as much as feel a tiny bit uncomfortable about it." Namjoon equally assured which warmed the younger's heart.
Just then, a small knock was heard on the Alpha's office door. After a little "come in" from the said wolf, an apprehensive looking Jungkook made his way inside. Upon making eye contact, a charming smile decorated his pretty lips.

"Hi." he greeted.
He made his way towards me and sat himself on the empty chair before mine.

"We thought you'd have a few questions you might want to ask before making any decision. We'll let Jungkook fill you in, alright?"

Jimin nodded, his gratefulness towards his pack leaders ever-growing. They both waved them goodbye, walking outside and leaving the two wolves to their much needed talk.

...

"So... Yoongi's your bother." Jimin slowly started.

"Half brother, to be exact. But yes, we're siblings." Jimin took in the information the ravenette fed him with a small nod.

"How- I mean.. does he- does he have a mate?"

Jungkook stayed silent for a split-second before answering.

"Yes."

Jimin knew the answer already, but it didn't hurt any less being said out loud.

"Tell me about him, about them." the blonde surprised Jungkook by asking.
So he complied.
Jungkook told him stories about Jeon Yoongi, the Beta, the loving brother and right hand of their leader. He told him about the sweet, lovable Jung Hoseok whose uncle was third in leading to Alpha Jeon. He told him about how they grew up together, laughed and cried and fought. How big their family was and the irony of Yoongi and Hoseok ending up being mates despite their polar opposite personalities; making sure to leave out personal details that he deemed weren't his to tell.
Jimin smiled and frowned throughout the story, occasionally commenting here and there as he found out the older was an amazing narrator as much as the story was fascinating.

"He's dying." he finished on a sadder note. "When Yoongi came to a mission here, things were already bad. I guess they only worsened as more time went by."

Jimin looked away, only now noticing the cloudy grey sky and the patter of the light rain against the windows. He couldn't help but feel bad about the couple. He can only imagine the feeling of losing your other half. It would be maddening.

"I wouldn't ever hold it against you if you decide not to go, Jimin." Jungkook assured, "I know how delicate the situation is and you have perfectly the right to choose not to interfere."

"Why would they need me there anyway?" the blonde asked, uncertain.

"There's an old healer in our pack, a shaman." he explained, "she's the one who helped me through my sickness due to the mating, she's an expert in these situations. She judged Hoseok's state critical." Jimin's eyes glossed over, he couldn't picture the happy red haired wolf he saw in the image, the boy Jungkook described so colorfully in any type of critical situation. Fate was really something undeniably scary.

Jungkook suddenly takes his hand that was subconsciously held into a tight fist, the true blood's eyes lined with silver as well. "It all changed when Yoongi told the healer about meeting you. She was surprised that he didn't mention it earlier, confirming such an occurrence could change everything. She insisted you be the one to go there as Hoseok's condition is too bad for a possibility of traveling." He finished filling him in. "But the choice is still yours to make. Please, don't forget that."