82

"BETA! WATCH OUT!"

Yoongi was cut off in his words with the warning and as soon as the group ducked down a gigantic wolf moved above them with a loud growl.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Jimin and Yoongi looked at each other, eyes wide, before they nodded and without second thought Jimin turned to Jungkook who was covering Taehyung's body with his own on the ground and tried to reach for the latter.

"What are you doing?" The true blood didn't want to loosen his grip on his mate even with the reassuring look Jimin was giving him. But none of them had time to answer his question as the wolf that had attacked them came back towards them and as if he appeared to take notice of who they were, howled to the rest of his pack.

Yoongi didn't waste another second and changed into his wolf, charging towards their enemy, having the two of them tumbling on the ground in a mass of fur and fangs.

Jimin took Jungkook's hand in his and squeezed it to get his attention.

"I need to take you and Tae into safety."

Jungkook's eyes were the size of saucers and he was torn between the pleading blond's look and his brother fighting to win them time. He was also holding so very tightly onto his mate's body, afraid he would lose him again the second he let go. His brain was still too slow to interpret and more howls were heard approaching them from the west, where the battle has been going off.

"Jungkook! Please!"

Jungkook nodded and let his grip loosen from Taehyung whom the beta took in his own arms. "We need to get to the other side of the pack fast! I will go east and you will go south. We need to confuse them because your scent is so strong and Taehyung carries it too that way we won't get tracked down easily, okay?"

Jungkook nodded, the signal Jimin needed to take off immediately, leaving him to look one last time at his brother before closing his eyes and taking a long breath. When he opened them again, they were pitch black and his body was covered in matching black fur.

Through the woods they went off, not caring about the branches and dead leaves or about the ongoing slaughter around them. Jungkook can trust Jimin. Jimin wasn't an enemy, he was Taehyung's best friend and perhaps soon to be Jungkook's brother in law. With this reasoning Jungkook kept going, he wasn't highly familiar with Song pack's lay out, but he knew enough to guide him through the the thick trees surrounding it. He was supposed to be the leader of Bangtan after all and was educated as such. Learning about the surrounding packs was basic knowledge but since he didn't come visit as often he wouldn't know the shortcuts and how to avoid prying eyes as well as he knows his home.

There was a ruckus wherever he passed, his scent incredibly heavy and unique as a true blood that it wasn't hard to imagine how it wouldn't be picked out. But with the days he'd spend underground with his mate, the scent was also different and mingled with Taehyung's. It was easy to track but so was Taehyung's and he counted on the plan Jimin hurriedly explained so he can get to neutral grounds at the same time as the pair and figure out the next step from there.
Running in his wolf form did nothing to appease the tension nor the anxiety deeply rooted within him, but after long minutes the sight of the average sized blond wolf carrying a half awake boy on top of him did. The figures were approaching quickly but behind them, about a dozen wolves were chasing short, howling and growling and ready to pounce. Jungkook growled and hurried to their direction, ready to jump on said wolves and massacre them if it came down to it. Jimin was apparently aware of the proximity of the enemy behind his back and his crystal blue eyes shone once he locked them with Jungkook, instantly understanding his plan. The beta kept running forward as Jungkook was moving towards him, appearing to attack him except as soon as Jungkook was millimetres away from the crash, Jimin slid down and we all the force driving him forward he managed to drift enough in the right for Jungkook to crash head on with the first wolf that was about to catch Jimin with his enormous snout. The heavy clash sent all the other wolves crashing between themselves and Jungkook had the immense urge to cut their throats open with his teeth and relish in the blood thirst that his true blood demanded as a price for all the harm they caused him and his mate. But Jungkook knew better. He knew that initiating any sort of injury while they were currently on neutral grounds would look bad on their side. It was the whole reason Jimin and Yoongi planned this, now that they were in neutral grounds they can't be attacked unless they were planning on breaking the peace treaty that's been holding their lands safe for centuries. Doing so would mean war for other reasons that what was currently going on and none of the Southern packs were stupid enough to make such a feat. The downside was that Jungkook and Jimin couldn't attack as well.
The wolves who were now on their paws and looking at them with ferocious hatred, led by a gigantic grey and white wolf with piecing red eyes were standing right on the edge of their pack territory while Jungkook, Jimin and a passed out Taehyung were on the other side. That was another rule, no wolf can trespass neutral ground in their wolf form because that was sign of an attack and that's why both Jungkook and Jimin were naked and human in front of the prying eyes of Song's wolves who can't do anything but stare at them.

Thankfully, Jimin had the common sense to howl once they got out their neighbouring pack while still in his wolf form and soon, there was running and then they were covered in a few clothes before they were hurried on their feet by their pack members. Bangtan's members.

-

Jungkook couldn't remember when or how he fell asleep. After days of laying awake in a suffocated underground prison, stuck between his human and wolf form looking after his mate, followed by their escapade from their used-to-be ally pack, he just passed out the moment he felt safe enough to do so.

"You're awake! Thank the Goddess!"
It took him a couple of tries before he managed to open his eyes and match the voice to the face. His mother stood before him while their pack's healer, Jessy, smiled at him, patting his head and turning around, probably to look after the other injured.

"I knew you'd be awake champ. I told you, Luna, nothing can take our Jungkookie down."

Jungkook smiled at the familiar faces, his hair now more messed up than it was thanks to Jessy's hand while his mother nodded, smile conservative but conveying a lot of love and relief.

"Hi mom." He croaked out, before sitting up abruptly and looking around. "Where's-"

"Taehyung?" His mother finished for him, an unreadable look on her face. He nodded, looking around once again in vain. "He's not here, Jungkook. His case is very serious and we chose to put him in a room on his own. He's still unconscious."

Jungkook stood up quickly, mind going a miles an hour. He remembered seeing his mate half awake on Jimin's back as they escaped Song's pack.

"He was conscious when I last saw him." He interjected. He felt bad about his accusatory tone towards his mother but he couldn't stop himself, he didn't know why but he felt like the entire world wanted Taehyung to suffer and he barely trusted anyone with his mate.

"He's been in and out but mostly out. We tried to contact his brother to no avail, we have no communication with the North and we don't know what happened there either. After the attack on Song's pack, the Council got wind of it and they're accusing us of starting a war and breaking the peace treaty."

"Bullshit, they had it coming! They kidnapped Taehyung!" Jungkook pointed out, anger rising at the Council's manipulation.

"Who isn't a member of our pack. There's no justification for us to attack them."

"But I was there too! And I'm.."

"Not a member of Bangtan either." His mother's eyes bore into his, swirling with accusation and resignation. She was right though, he wasn't a member of Bangtan anymore. But his parents still unleashed an attack on their long time allies just to get Jungkook and Taehyung out of there.
Guilt coiled in his stomach as he casted his eyes down in shame. He didn't even know the extent of the damage but he knew without a doubt that Bangtan threw caution to the wind to save their ex-heir. A traitor, and his mate. Because to them he was still family. And now they were not only in deep shit with the Council but with their surrounding packs as well.

"Fuck." He breathed out. What a mess.

-