20

"Hey! What the hell?!"

"This is a matter between my mate and I and I'd appreciate it if you could leave us alone now."

Jungkook's alpha voice was loud and clear, leaving no room for any sort of argument.
The blond could only look with a glumly expression at his best friend whose cheek he was holding- still in shock- and only breathing in and out to try and stay calm confronting the terrifyingly mad alpha.

Jimin looked back at Jungkook only to find his eyes coated with a sheen of unshed tears, only making his heart hurt. I did this.. I seduced Taehyung and made him practically cheat on his real soulmate..
Without second thought, Jimin grabbed his phone and jacket before leaving the dorm room precipitately.

However, following the departure of the beta, none of the wolves found it in them to speak up.
Taehyung couldn't dare open his mouth. Not after seeing the burning agony coating his mate's gaze as soon as it landed on their intertwined figures when he walked through the door.
He felt.. almost ashamed.
It's true he didn't accept his mate bond with Jungkook nor was he going to do so anytime soon.
But ignoring the bond and actually cheating on your mate were two very different things. And the suffocating pain Taehyung was experiencing in his chest overcame the sting of his cheek which could only make him wonder: was Jungkook feeling this all along?
He felt horrible just thinking about it. He was indeed ashamed.
Jungkook never forced him to accept the bond and he never stopped him from rejecting him, he was simply.. there. Existing. Minding his own business and hoping for better outcome.
And here Taehyung was, taking advantage of the situation and nearly having sex with his best friend. He knew it wouldn't have gone that far but still. When would have they stopped? When Taehyung would push Jimin with yet another excuse of not feeling well or after they both came down from their high after another session of dry humping? The thought only made Taehyung feel all the more miserable.
It's like the pain in his chest and the one coating his mate's face expression shook Taehyung badly. He knew he loved Jimin so much, but now he was utterly conflicted. Was loving Jimin worth losing his given mate?

On the other hand, Jungkook was absolutely still against the wall. Stare fixed in front of him, his eyes still outlined with tears that he couldn't shed. He just couldn't believe what he had done.
Had he really came all the way across campus only to slap his mate? Had he really stooped this low and hurt his own mate?
Needless to say, Jungkook felt absolutely disgusted with himself. Maybe that's why the Moon Goddess didn't grant him his partner on due time, maybe he just wasn't worthy of having one.
The ravenette looked down only to be met with the sight of his chosen one on the ground, right hand now massaging the cheek where the handprint was already healing and no longer swollen. He looked shocked, and confused. But no where near mad.
Jungkook wanted him to fight back though, he wanted him to scream, to hit him and curse his entire existence. He wanted the brunette to reject him here and now, to just end his misery and move on with his life.
To just move on with Jimin, the mate he clearly chose for himself.
Surely he was only blinded by the unbearable pain of feeling his wolf's second half with someone else that he acted on pure reflex.
But in reality, who was Jungkook to separate the two lovers so rudely and violently? He was no one.

Taehyung was living a stable normal life before he barged right in and imposed himself to their pack and in their life, slapping his mate and commanding his partner like he has any sort of power over them.
He didn't.
He mustn't.
And he was going to get his shit together because he had just played his last card refusing to return back to his original pack alongside his brother; a choice which, at the moment, Jungkook was already regretting.

"I'm so sorry." He barely muttered. The pain wouldn't stop, but Jungkook was determined to bear it all. If he wanted to stay in this pack, he was going to accept it. Accept the pain and accept the rejection.

"I'm really, really sorry."

Were his final words before the raven alpha disappeared perhaps from the brunette's life once and for all.

-

A.N/ small chapter because I like pain 😌