79

"I cannot believe this!"

The Head Alpha all but screamed in rage at the three figures standing, head bowed with shame wafting off of their unique scents.

Upon realizing Jungkook's disappearance during their argument, Yoongi quickly gathered that his sibling must have carried on with their plan and made his way to the other pack without him. It didn't take long for his thoughts to be confirmed with the appearance of Seojoon from within the thick threes surrounding them.

"He made it." He had said with confidence. The breath released from their lungs in part relief. The other part, well, it was due to the second part of the plan which Yoongi had decided to go with and execute now that his brother was deep within enemy's territory.

Fast forward to this exact moment in which Yoongi, and his two mates—who decided they would rather die than be separated ever again— were facing Alpha Jeon and his Luna inside a secret meeting room within the main house.

The plan with which the siblings had come up with didn't seem to please their father all that much. And it showed clearly through the crimson red eyes and veins almost popping from his temples.

"You have no idea how you complicated this entire situation is!"

The one sided conversation, which was mainly the Head Alpha scolding the three wolves relentlessly, carried on and on until someone decided to speak up.

"Alpha Jeon, with all due respect I don't think this is helping anyone."

All heads whipped towards the small figure that, despite squirming under the burning stares, didn't back down.

"Your son only did what his guts urged him to. You can't expect him to know his fated mate is held in captivity a few miles away and not run to save him."

Jimin calmly tried to reason with the oldest wolf in the room. He waited patiently to be told out and banned from his new pack for speaking against their leader so openly but wether anyone here liked it or not, he knew Taehyung and Jungkook's situation more than anyone else present. And if someone could actually be of some sort of help whatsoever that would be him. Jimin decided that he needed to show as much in the least.

And so before the head alpha could muster up words the beta knew would cut him open, he continued speaking. Only this time, his words were directed to the other beta on his right.

"Yoongi, you said you knew Alpha Song was the one to capture Taehyung under order of the Council. And you also said that by doing so, they guaranteed a bargaining chip with Bangtan. Meaning, they knew Jungkook would sooner or later feel the closeness of his mate since their bond is unconsumed and the distance apart could hurt them eventually ."

"You mean.." the confusion adorning the head Alpha's features was escalating with every word but he found himself unable to interrupt over the mates' obviously fruitful conversation.

"Yes," Hoseok perked up once he understood what his mate was saying. "The council were counting on their bond to lure Jungkook into eventually bargaining with the Song pack and consequently with the Council."

"What they wouldn't expect, is for Jungkook to be deep within their territory without raising to the bait." Yoongi finished explaining. This was the reason why he trusted Jungkook with the information in the first place. Both of them knew the Council wouldn't expect this type of infiltration since as far as they knew, Jungkook had been banned from his original pack and therefore wouldn't find the necessary help to carry such a task.

"It still doesn't excuse the fact you both acted without prior notice." Jiyong sat down at once, one hand moving through his hair is frustration. Jimin marveled at the flash that played through his mind of a much younger version of the Head Alpha, exhausted and miserable, sitting on a couch and telling Jimin that he wanted to just quit.
Jimin could remember distinctly the conversation he had with Jungkook that brought him equally to tears. And he remembered just as well how much he prayed for something—anything that would make the young couple see eye to eye on their situation at that time.

And now, here they were trying to find a way to end this situation with the least collateral damage they can manage. He never thought Taehyung and Jungkook's relationship would have this much impact on the world they're living in. He never thought a mate bond could cause so much disarray. Yet, here they were.

-

Jungkook turned to ice with trepidation as the noise gradually got louder, approaching the opening of the cave. He effectively startled when the footsteps stopped abruptly just above the entrance.
Jungkook inhaled sharply despite the suffocating odor and directed his hearing to the conversation that seemed to stir above him.

"Think he's still down there?"

A snort. "I doubt he'll be able to make it out of there with all the wolfsbane we forced down his throat." Snickering.

"Damn right. I can almost smell him from here. His scent is kinda rich though. I don't remember it being this spiked."

A few sniffs. "Uh yeah you're right. Maybe he shat himself." Guffaws of laughter ensued before the footsteps started fading away.

Jungkook barely contained himself down enough not to rip the eyes out of the two buffoons. He was boiling with rage over the uncaring information they shared. Stupid fools. They can't even differentiate between the scent of a normal alpha and the one of a true blood. Although he wouldn't except any less from the Song pack. Their training has always been known to be more focused on the physical aspect and less on anything brain related. Academically, none of the pack members even graduated highschool.

It didn't help calm Jungkook anyhow. He was still furious. Wolfsbane? They really overdosed his mate with fucking wolfsbane? No wonder Taehyung was hallucinating and barely conscient enough to recognize him.
He breathed slowly a few times before he walked to the sleeping figure. Taehyung's forhead had a sheen layer of sweat where dirt and  some of his hair was stuck, and his features were slightly scrunched as if he were in pain.
Jungkook assumed they must have given him a toxic amount of the drug. Passed a certain degree, the wolfsbane was dangerous enough to be lethal. However, administrated orally over the course of a few days it would slow the organs enough for the body to enter a near death state. And the hallucinations. Oh goddess, they would be eating him inside out. Knowing what horrors laid inside his mate's head, Jungkook could only shiver over his mate's current situation.
Taehyung was in agony. And his body was too weak for him to show any external signs other than the light scrunches of his facial features, and the faint tightening of his fist.

Jungkook kneeled in front of the person that both knowingly and unknowingly caused him so much misery and his eyes involuntarily welled up with tears. His hands trembled as he tried to pull a few darkened fringes out of the sleeping face he admired endlessly despite everything. The same hand travelled unconsciously towards the tight fist which he tried to undo. It gave away easily but Jungkook could decipher with his heightened sight the crescent shaped bruises from Taehyung's nails embedded into his palm. He began massaging it expertly, moving from finger to finger, and caressing the abnormally soft skin of the alpha while making sure everytime the latter wanted to tighten his fist, it was Jungkook's hand he was grabbing.

He was going to avenge him. Even if it was the last thing he did.

-

A.N: hi! Happy new year and sorry for disappearing so much I promise I'll try to update faster!