47

Turned out, Soobin and Sehun's crepes alongside the cupcakes Ryujin and BamBam and Yeonjun baked made it after all.
They did also end up with extra whipping cream and chocolate they decided to serve with strawberries and reheat some left out pizza.

It was late afternoon and after cleaning out the entire kitchen— calling it a mess would be the understatement of the century— even with their wolves strength, they were outnumbered by the chores.

Since it was too late to go the village that closed pretty early, they couldn't really buy anything so they decided to make do with what they had left.
And with the only alcohol remaining a bottle of vodka, the night promised to be really entertaining.

Jungkook had joined the group a few hours later, having taken his time to shower and gone for a run in his wolf form to release some of the tension; he was back cheerful and all smiles, lifting everyone's spirits and helping with most of the chores since he missed the baking.

"I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have failed if you were here."

"For real! You're like good at everything, you would've made an actual birthday cake with no effort."

Jungkook only laughed, brushing off the compliments with a bright smile.

"You're creeping again."

"Goddess, Jimin!"

The blonde laughed at his best friend's glare.

"Just kidding! JK!" He smirked, "see what I did there?" Jimin squeaked and ran away when Taehyung made to chase him.

"I swear I'll spank that ass of yours Park Jimin!" The brunette followed the blonde, having had enough of his shenanigans for the day.
He didn't even see when he turned the corner of the staircase until he collided head first with a body.
A pair of strong arms held him to prevent the imminent fall.

"Shit sorry-"

"No worries, Tae." Lucas chuckled, amused by the brunette's suddenly childish actions.

Taehyung actually blushed at the nickname. No one ever called him that except sometimes Jimin, Seokjin too and occasionally his brother.
He made to free himself from the grip and upon registering what he wanted, Lucas let go with a smile.
Taehyung noticed from the corner of his eyes the blonde mop of hair belonging to his best friend disappearing behind another corner which caused him to narrow his eyes and go teach that midget a little lesson.

Lucas shook his head at the silliness of the two best friends before continuing to where he was heading for a smoke outdoors.

From the other side of the living room, Jungkook watched the entire scene unfold with a weird sentiment.

Without realizing, he was following the boy.

-

"Kookie."

"Lulu."

The pair greeted each other once they were standing in the patio, bodies leaning on the wooden railing, breathing in the late afternoon natural air and basking in the feeling of the cool breeze passing them.

Lucas grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of his back pocket, took one and offered the ravenette the box.

Jungkook looked at the object for a moment before finally taking one out.

After tucking the pack back into its place he got as lighter from the same pocket and approached Jungkook with it. The alpha put the stick between his lips and let the other light it up for him.
The first exhale was blissful. Jungkook was never the one to smoke or even drink that much to be honest. But he, as every other young adult, found solace and relief in those type of things from time to time.
Now more than ever, he needed that.