69

With his past memories back, Taehyung felt oddly stable. Something he's felt only occasionally. He acknowledged the fact but he was left with other questions such as why now? Why did he possibly recover his souvenirs now out of all these past years? Something he thought thoroughly about.
The answer was Taehyung's wolf.
He had been young and lost the most important person in his life at that time in which some would say one of the cruelest ways one could lose a loved one. The scars such occurrence left were too deep to recover from. As it turns out, in the midst of it all, Taehyung had detached himself from his wolf.
He was only Taehyung. No more the alpha. No more the pride and joy of the family.
Taehyung lost himself, his path, his rank and his memories since then.
Fortunately, things changed.
You see, the more time Taehyung spent with his fated one, the more he could grasp the intensity of that change. The lost connection between the animal and his human was slowly rebuilding itself. His wolf started rekindling their relationship now that he had both resumed his training and found his chosen.
Jungkook probably had no idea. He didn't know that he had healed his mate in a way. The alpha in Taehyung found his home back and granted his human with all the missing pieces of his young existence. He gave him back his memory he had stored and left forgotten.
Somehow, all the torment and affliction Taehyung had went through this past month seemed so far away once comprehension settled in.
Once he sat down, reminiscing his past life, linking events and faces to people, retracing the map of his soul, he became more aware of the meaning behind it all. As it turned out, he had finally understood what young, innocent Taehyung did to deal with his traumatic experiences; he passed it on to his wolf.

And Jeon Jungkook, the person Taehyung didn't consider anything more than a silver lining in his existence recently, turned out to be his salvation. A serendipity.

Jungkook's presence, patience and acceptance unintentionally mended Taehyung's soul. And the more the brunette thought about it, the more he marveled at the turn of events his life had just taken.
Subconsciously, he still couldn't fathom living with his new recovered memory and that the darkness looming over his senses was slowly dissipating in order for the spring day to finally shine through.
And he owed it all to his mate, who had done so much yet didn't know any better.
Because, ironically enough, Jungkook had abandoned him at the end of the day.

-

"You need any help?" Yeonjun offered his apparently disoriented cousin.

"Yeah, actually. Have you seen Jungkook?"

Namjoon, Seokjin and Yeonjun all turned their heads at the alpha's words.

"Uh.. I didn't see him lately." Yeonjun finally said as he took the pile of plates from his oblivious mate to put on the dining table.

"He's in the meeting room." Namjoon spoke up after he recovered from the initial shock of seeing his brother downstairs and asking for his mate.
"The investigator wanted to speak with him." He added.

"Why would that ho-" Taehyung cleared his throat at the menacing look on his Alpha's face. "I mean, what do they want to question him about?"

"Probably about his departure from Bangtan. The Council seems very keen on our newly made alliance with them."

"Unfortunately, Bangtan is more inaccessible than they initially thought. Especially after replacing their next Head Alpha." Jin explained while passing the cutlery to a smiling Soobin whose family were coming for dinner the same night.

"It's been months." Taehyung argued.

"Replacing a Head Alpha is no child's play. Besides, anyone from the outside would find the sudden change suspicious. Knowing the Council, they're probably seething about not being informed about it sooner."