Chapter 13: Eloise James

I didn't think today was going to go the way it's clearly about to. Up until this point I wasn't sure if KarriLynn's family even payed attention to the fact that we were together. Obviously I was wrong.

"What can I do for you, Mrs

"What can I do for you, Mrs. James?"

"Please...call me Eloise. I came by to talk to you. I know my granddaughter and you have been spending a lot of time together the last few months."

Ok I stand corrected they did know.
But why wait until now to bring it up?

"Yes, we have." I said sitting down behind my desk.

"And what exactly would you say is going on between you two?"

"We're dating"

"You love her?"

"Yes" I said without hesitation.

"I'm very much aware. I was just curious if you'd tell me the truth. I figured as much after you stabbed that poor waiter. As I'm sure you can guess I've kept up with the two of you for quite some time now. I know everything that all of my grandchildren are doing. Even when they think I don't know."

"Good for you ma'am but I'm not really sure where you're going with this."

"Right...did she tell you about her father?"

Fuck...I forgot to tell her what I found out on my trip

"Yes, she did"

"And did you tell her about her father?"

"I don't..."

"Please don't insult my intelligence young man. Since you made the choice to...spend time with my Karri I made my business to keep up with you as well. Like I said there's nothing anyone can hide from me. And I know you found out some things on your trip back home. I take it you didn't tell her?"

"No I didn't. It has nothing to do with me."

"Please stop lying to me. It won't work. My husband is one of the most powerful men in the world. He runs a large portion of the world...and I run him. I have connections everywhere. Even in your own territory. So I'll ask that you be honest from here on out. I do have to thank you though. If you hadn't gone looking into what happened to my Vincenzo I never would've known myself."

"I wanted to bring her some closure."

"And yet you caused more problems for yourself. I can see why you didn't say anything. Well we both know the truth will either make her love you more...or she'll want nothing to do with you."

"What do you want?"

"Oh that's simple...leave"

"Excuse me?"