Chapter 14: Shit Shit Shit

After some mind blowing shower sex, I went to my home then office early to try and get some work done.

Elijah's house was in the process of being built so I finally had time for new clients. I'd been there only about an hour when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said still looking over papers.

"You should look at who's coming in here. Any crazy motherfucker could walk in"

"Too late for that obviously" I said smiling

"Too late for that obviously" I said smiling. I look up to see my cousin Asher standing in my doorway smiling at me. I get up and hug him before sitting back down. "So when did you get back?"

"Last night. I went and hung out at the new club in south beach...ran into Beaumont. Told me he saw you and that Russian guy King getting ice cream" he said laughing

"He did" I said with a straight face.

"Oh shit! Seriously? Do Grandfather and Nonna know?"

"Probably. We've been seeing each other for a while. There's no way someone hasn't mentioned it to them. But if they're not gonna bring it up, neither will I."

"Wow I'm surprised you'd become fuck buddies with him after everything with his people and your dad."

I threw a book that was sitting in my desk at him and hit him in the head.

"Ow fuck! What was that for?"

"I...AM...NOT...HIS...FUCK BUDDY! We're dating Asshole! Like in love and shit."

"Ok ok sorry. That just seems a little surprising that's all."

I look at him and smile.

"You really...love him?"

"I do. I know his reputation and it's honestly true. He is crazy and loves killing. But he also loves me Ash. I've never known anyone who makes me feel the way he does. He doesn't just tell me he loves me. He shows me everyday."

"Ew...well you know I love you Kay. I'll never judge what you do. And you deserve this glow you have so if you say you love him then you know I support it."

"Thanks AJ. So not that I don't love when you drop by but what's up?"

"Oh nothing. I missed you so I thought I'd see if you wanted to grab some food."

"Yeah actually that sounds great."

20 minutes later we were sitting outside waiting for our food at this bistro near my office. The food here is amazing. I need to bring King here one day. Asher was in the middle of telling me about his latest trip when a waiter brought us our food. I was so hungry but the moment I smelled it I was nauseous.

"Hey you ok?" AJ asked looking at me

"Ugh I don't know. This smells disgusting."

He grabbed my plate and smelled it. Then looked at me with concern