Chapter 34: Ready For...?

KarriLynn's  POV

KarriLynn's POV

I didn't blame him...
It was honestly these damn hormones that had me crying

I saw Dimi walk out of the store and it felt like apart of my soul left me. I hate not being with him but this was for the best. It needed to happen. I just hope he doesn't hate me. I'm glad Elijah was the one here with us. Asher would have beat the shit out of King due to me crying whereas Elijah wouldn't cause a scene in public and just make him leave. He wipes my eyes and kisses my head.

"You ok?" Elijah ask pulling away from me

"Yeah I'll be fine, cousin. I'm sorry you had to see that Andrew."

"No I'm sorry. A man shouldn't talk to you like that. Especially not the father of your child."

"Yeah well there's not much I can do about that. I know he means well. He just doesn't care for the thought of not being together."

Elijah's phone rang and he stepped away leaving me with Andrew. He only went a few feet away so if anything happened he could still get to me.

"Uh so are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Annoyed but fine."

"I still can't believe you two even got together."

"Why's that?"

"Well he's...him. He's not right for you. He doesn't deserve you. You need someone who will put you and your son's needs ahead of his own"

"King loves our son. More than anyone would ever know. That I know for sure. And he's not as bad as people think. I'd know...I know him better than anyone. This is my fault honestly. He just needs time to cool off."

"Don't blame yourself for how he treats you. You already said he's toxic. Why bother keeping him around? Wouldn't your life be easier without him?"

"Easier said than done."

"Not really."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing...uh I was wondering...would you like to grab a meal together sometime...just you and me?"

"I don't know..."

"It's not a date. Just friends eating together"

"I can count my real friends on one hand. You think you're one of them?"

"I can be. What do you say? Just have dinner with me"

King is going to lose his shit...

"Sure. One meal couldn't hurt."

"Uh, Kay we have to get going" Elijah said walking back up to us.

"Ok. I'll let you know when I'm free Andrew"