08.

A/N Happy New Year :)

::

"He's making me grow crazy." Mina spoke out loud to her friend that was busy laughing at her antics. "One minute I like him and another minute I don't. Can you believe? He's adorable at times and sexy the next. Not to mention weird!"

Her voice growing small, she whispered, "But I've never seen someone as... as attractive as him. And now, he knows it." She felt embarrassed as she confessed her words.

Mina slumped her face on the table as her friend's laughter grew. "So you kissed him? It's insane!" Her friend's mocking laughter made Mina frown further, her misery deepening.

"He's not normal either. He looks better than most idols would but acts like a total nutcase at times. What kind of a person follows their boss to a personal meeting and spies on them??" Sipping on her morning coffee, Mina found herself spilling secrets to the only friend she had in Korea, Yerim.

"You're made for each other then." Yerim mused, fascinated by her friend's happy dilemma. "What is his name anyway? How does he look?"

"Kwon Soonyoung." Mina sighed, "I don't have a picture of him."

Yerim raised an eyebrow, recognising the name. Shuffling around her phone hurriedly, her abrupt behaviour caught Mina's eye. Her friend scrolled through her phone swiftly, searching through the internet for something before flashing her a picture. Mina blinked, her eyes resting on the picture. "Oh? How do you have a picture of him?"

"Because he's Hoshi, Seventeen's Performance Leader."

::

Mina wanted to bang the office door open and scream at the circus they had created in fooling her but stopped the moment her feet touched the cold water instead of solid ground at the set. Mina froze, eyes wide and she stared at the mess that her set has become.

"What happened here?!"

The assistant writer rushed to her, tears running down her face, followed by the set director and Soonyoung who looked lost. "Someone broke the lock, snuck in and destroyed everything last night, eonnie. We are done for!"

Mina looked around, watching everything she had decided on for her very first project lie down battered and broken. The walls had holes in them as if they had been blown into with a metal bat, the mirror ball was in shards and there was water flowing through the floor, seeping through the cardboard items that hadn't been put up yet, soaking them until they were useless.

She bit back a sob, "Has anyone reported the incident to the police yet?"

The camera staff that always surrounded Soonyoun—no, Hoshi, looked surprised by the mess as they scattered inside the set. Mina frowned. At least they didn't seem to be the cause of this disaster. Soonyoung too, seemed out of place. He hurried to her, worried with his kind gaze, approaching her.

Mina looked away. She no longer had any interest in his lies.

"A statement to the police was made. They said they're looking into it but CCTV didn't show much so they've asked us to call insurance or something." The casting director spoke.

Straightening up, Mina sighed. The problems were piling up but it was not the time to cry. "Call the cleaning crew and contact insurance. We'll hold an emergency meeting in five."

Mina turned away, walking out to collect herself. Everything had been destroyed. Weeks spent into working, preparing and making it happen had all been washed over within a night. Not to mention that her crush on the employee turned out to be just him making a fool out of her. She let the door of her car close behind her as she sat down behind the driver's seat, tears leaking out.

She stayed there, crying out loud with her head onto the steering wheel in the parking lot. She wanted to give up, not go back into the building ever again. Five minutes later, she heard a knock on her window. Mina met the eyes of the one person she didn't want to see but there he was, holding a box of tissue paper, a bottle of water and her favourite coffee.

"You can fix this, Mina," Hoshi spoke to her with a sweet, hopeful smile. "You can do it."

::

::