11.

::

"This is unacceptable. How can you possibly be so lazy and irresponsible that someone, anyone can sneak into the set and destroy it?!"

Mina stared at the floor, observing the little particles of dust that one could see in the passing air but never catch. She thought it would make the scolding a little less painful to listen to but it didn't work out that way. Her voice low, Mina answered regretfully, "I'm sorry, sir."

The man in front of her was pink from anger, slamming the file on the desk in front of her. Mina flinched at the loud sound and looked at him as he continued, "You've got some guts to be asking for additional budget. Do you believe the station will spend so increasingly hard-earned money on an amateur PD's pilot?!"

He was right and he put her in her place before she could think. Why would they spend money on her after all? This was her first valuable chance and she had squandered it. In the ambition of creating a triumphant episode, she amassed an unbalance. But there was little choice left. She would have to beg for it if she must but she couldn't watch her episode lose all value and go completely bust. If nothing, she didn't want her very first project to be a flop.

"No, sir." Mina surged up some courage to speak. "But the casting is incomplete and we need to transfer the promised funds on the day of the episode..."

The man looked at her with wide eyes, unbelieving her shameless attitude. "How dare you?" He frowned, "Why should the station compromise more money for your mistakes?! Give up on a few casting options or negotiate—Don't come running back with your tail between your legs over your incompetency!"

Mina closed her eyes, biting her lip to compose herself. He was yelling and his words hurt. Not only had her first project not gone the way she had dreamed, but her boss's words also made her realise the harsh reality. It was her fault. She was incompetent. She had lost her only chance at making a good debut as a PD.

"Who was it anyway? How did it all happen?" Her boss asked for the crux of the matter only after blaming her. While she was responsible for the damage, it wasn't her doing. It was just unfortunate.

Gulping to herself, Mina willed herself to speak, "A few fangirls..." She tried to remember what the police had informed her. The call had come in just a few minutes before and she was still having trouble believing it, "We're shooting with an idol right now and the fangirls of that idol were identified. They got caught this afternoon."

"Wahhhhh" the man looked away, frustration evident on his face as he placed his hands on this waist, "You lost to some petty fangirls? Unbelievable. A bunch of giggling schoolgirls broke our expensive set?"

Mina couldn't believe it herself either. While it wasn't a bunch of schoolgirls but a planned attack from a group of angry sasaengs, it hurt her pride to lose to them.

"Whose fans were they anyway?"

Mina met the eyes of Na PD for the first time then, clear disappointment in her eyes. It was the last thing she had hoped would happen, the destruction of her set but what hurt more was that the cause of it wasn't her casting list or an idol she didn't cast but one that she knew very well. Word had gotten out and brought back the worst result she could've hoped for.

 Word had gotten out and brought back the worst result she could've hoped for