28.

::

"Make sure the article is brought up repeatedly. One way or another." Min Seuk refreshed the page for the thousandth time that day, reading through the comments on the Dispatch article. "Make sure you keep it up until my interview goes up."

His secretary nodded, bowing and walking out the door as the reporters stepped in. The staff took a while to set up the lights as the reporter approached Min Seuk, holding out his hand, "I hope you're right about this. My reporters are worried about being sued."

Min Seuk shook on it, "Don't worry, I'm about to give you the biggest scoop of the century. I didn't expect Pledis to deny the rumours but this will be the last of them."

The reporter flashed his business smile. He was only there to get the headline he needed to boost his earnings. In his eyes, Min Seuk was certainly a crazy man, going to such lengths to bury some girl just cause she'd rejected him. Dragging some idol along with it? It was a dirty business. Finding a spot behind the camera, he spoke, "Angle check, recording on and action!"

Min Seuk dabbed the teardrops he'd been preparing, "Uh... I'm the ex-boyfriend of SBS PD Yoon Mina. We'd been dating a few months when I first caught her with an idol at the entrance of a hotel..."

::

"A player that cheated innocent individuals—Famous idol involved?!" Mina could not believe her eyes. What kind of a title was that? New articles were popping up every time she searched for her name on the internet. What was once disappearing thanks to her uncle was blowing up way too fast?

"I don't get it." She frowned, "Where is this coming from? What's the source?"

Hoshi called just then and Mina picked up without hesitation. "Soonyoung, what's going on? I thought it had ended?"

"Mina, Min Seuk's claimed that he was your boyfriend and that he caught you cheating with me several times. It's absolutely mental! He says I was being fooled as well, and that once I realised the truth, I dumped you. With nowhere left to go, you begged him to take you back and that's the picture of the hug from the other day. He denied and now you're trying to use the issue against him."

"But that's what he's been doing all this while." Mina whispered as she realised, "He's burying me for good."

Soonyoung looked at his girlfriend through the screen of his phone, worried

Soonyoung looked at his girlfriend through the screen of his phone, worried. The situation was growing worse with every minute, with the public taking Min Seuk's side. It was the worst possible situation. Ever since they'd met, no, ever since Hoshi had developed feelings for Mina, he'd only caused her trouble. Unlike Mina, he could look at where this was heading right away. Timidly, he asked, "What are you thinking, Mina?"

Mina looked up at him, her eyes serious, "Soonyoung, think carefully before you answer, if you had to choose between Me and Seventeen, who would you pick?"