01.

::

Hoshi was nervous. He had never imagined that they would plan something so huge. Seoul Broadcasting Office? There was no way he was going to last without being recognised. Seventeen was huge and surely, everyone there would know who he was.

Not to mention he was supposed to act as he belonged there. He was supposed to answer to a boss, probably some old man with a back-in-my-day attitude, completely uninterested in idols or the like. Hoshi had heard of such people, obnoxious and corrupted, who thought that companies had to beg them to get their idols cast in their shows.

It worried him to think he would have to play pretend for such a person.

But Hoshi was professional. He wasn't going to back out of work. He readied himself and walked up to the person in question, hiding behind the camera crew as he waited. The PD with him was going to introduce him.

"A show?"

"A show?"

Wait... Was that a woman's voice? Hoshi peeked. Unlike the old man with belly fat that he had imagined the PD to be, there stood a woman, confused and elegant. No makeup to help her, her hair was tied up loosely. Hoshi could tell she hadn't gone home in a while from the bags under her eyes. This was his target? She was as normal as one could get, her figure hidden her baggy shirt and straight pants. 

Cute.

Hoshi observed her soft feminine features and kind attitude as her superior introduced him. The GoSe team was efficient. Everyone in the room knew who he was, everyone knew of the plan except her.

It was somewhat hilarious watching the others grow awkward around him though.

"Na PD-nim, is it necessary to attest to these consent forms?" She asked, her eyes showing genuine concern. She was cute with the way she passively pleaded with her boss, "It would be uncomfortable for my team to have cameras rolling 24/7, you know?" She seemed to care for the stiff smiles her team was showing in front of the GoSe cameras.

"Mina-yah, there is nothing I can do about this. The decision came from the superiors." Mina? Was that her name? Hoshi smiled.

Her boss pointed to the cameramen, "These people are doing a show similar to the drama, 'The Producers' and Director Han believes it's the perfect opportunity to show how competent and transparent our Broadcasting Station is."

Mina bit her lip as she contemplated upon Na PD's words. If the orders came from above, then she had no chance of refusing. Sighing slightly, she gave up, "Alright, Na PD-nim. My team and I will sign the consent forms. They'll be on your desk in an hour."

Hoshi could tell that her boss liked her answer from the way he nodded approvingly. "Fix your appearance too. If you look so haggard in front of the cameras, we'll get complaints about working our employees to the bone."

"Of course, Na PD-nim." She was straightening her shirt now, finally conscious of the hot mess that she was. Hoshi shook his head from where he was hidden. Fiddling with the wrinkled shirt wasn't going to help her now.

Just then, Hoshi was asked to step forward as Na PD pointed to him. "This is our new hire, Kwon Soonyoung." Walking forward and meeting eyes with her for the first time, Hoshi watched her beautiful large eyes focus on him and grow confused. "He's going to join your team from today so guide him properly."

She looked at him keenly, brows knitted together like she was solving a math problem

She looked at him keenly, brows knitted together like she was solving a math problem. Hoshi's palms grew sweaty. Had she recognised him already?

After a solid minute, Mina finally held out her hand, her lips curving into a sweet smile, "I'm Yoon Mina, producing director for this year's Chuseok special."

Her cheeks were naturally flushed, the winter glow amping her natural beauty. Hoshi shook her hand, her soft palm feeling so small in his, making his heartbeat grow quicker. He didn't know whether it was the nervousness of his first day or her adorable smile that was making him feel this way but Hoshi was sure that this was definitely going to be fun when she said, "Welcome to the team!"

::

The cameras had been set and Na PD had retreated from her office when Mina spoke, looking at Soonyoung with an apologetic expression on her face, "Soonyoung-ssi, was it? I'm sorry about my appearance. I've been working on a project proposal all night."

Hoshi nodded, observing silently. She looked lovely even in that state but Hoshi decided that she needn't know that.

Following her as Mina toured Hoshi around the office, "We have one writer, one casting director and two assistants on the project." She spoke, introducing him to the people he had already read about in a file prepared by GoSe staff.

Finally stopping before an empty desk, Mina turned to Soonyoung, "This is where you'll sit."

"Here?" Hoshi put the bag he'd been carrying down on the desk when she nodded. "By the way," Mina stopped and turned as he asked, "What exactly will I be doing?"

Mina's eyes grew wide, realising she had completely forgotten to explain what was important. "You're an assistant PD so you'll be helping me for most things. You can take the day learning about how things work around the office and all the things you'll need to do."

Hoshi nodded as he took in time to process. "Will I have to go get coffee, run errands and things like that?"

Mina laughed at his confusion, "No, Soonyoung-ssi. Systems like having the newbie run errands are obsolete now." She offered an explanation to help him, "No matter what, you answer to me. You'll help with the project planning and execution of it. You are the maknae PD so you will be asked to carry equipment at times but nothing too heavy."

Stopping suddenly, Mina looked at him, "How old are you anyway?"

"Me?" Hoshi answered simply, "I'm 24."

"We're the same age then!" Mina grinned at his answer, "Let's be friends."

::

Hoshi_1506 My 1st Day at work!

Comments
Wonu: Did you go to the shop to get your hair done for this??
Hoon: He's going to get caught on his first day lmao
S.Cheol: Its going to be incredible if he doesn't get caught though...

::