12.

::

Hoshi didn't know he would feel so strongly about someone he had met only days ago. There was something past justification that was hidden in the way she acted, the way she smiled and the way she cried. From the moment he had first laid eyes on Mina, he'd been captivated. She'd been friendly and he'd been caught off guard by her occasional smiles. She'd been covert and he was caught unawares by the curiosity that grew within him. She'd been upset and he'd become a ready clown just to stop her tears.

But then, she was disappointed in him and he no longer knew what to do.

"Hoshi-ssi," She had spoken his name but for the first time, it sounded like she was no longer talking to him. "It was nice working with you. I hope we never cross paths again."

"No." Soonyoung had spoken without meaning to, "Mina, I-I didn't know! I thought you knew who I was. I thought you acted the way you did because you knew. I misunderstood..."

Mina looked down, averting her gaze from him, "Its okay, Hoshi-ssi." Watching him look so hurt, pained her. But she held on when she remembered what the crazy fans had accused her of doing. Scornfully, she answered, "Its my fault for making a celebrity as distinguished as you work to the bone under an incompetent amateur like me."

Hoshi grew confused once more. Taking her by the shoulders, his palms pressing her shoulders softly, he asked, "What are you talking about? When have you ever overworked me?!"

 Taking her by the shoulders, his palms pressing her shoulders softly, he asked, "What are you talking about? When have you ever overworked me?!"

She looked at him, meeting his eyes for the first time then, tears welling up. The set for her very first project had been thrashed, she had been blamed for overworking the man she liked, gotten berated to bits by her supervisor and then ultimately humiliated in front of the entire world for being an inconsiderate fool. Eyes red, she looked at him,

"Do you really want to know?"

::

Mina was emotionless as she walked into the police station with Hoshi in tow. A group of girls, barely over the age of eighteen sat in one corner, their parents arguing with one of the officers, disrupting any kind of peace that the station could have. At the sound of her heels clicking on the floor, the group grew quiet, turning to look at her and the hooded man behind her.

"I'm Yoon Mi Na and I'm here for the case you've called me to discuss." She spoke, offering her card to the officer who was speechless at the sight of her.

Hoshi supposed it was an obvious reaction considering how Mina was dressed for war, her full-sleeve black V-neck hugging her curves and the black free-flowing pants putting models' heights to shame. Mina's make-up was on point and with her jacket purposely folded and draped over her arm, Mina fought with perfection. Hoshi smiled proudly from underneath his mask as he watched the jaws drop. Hmm, yes, that was his girl right there.

"A-ah yes." The officer finally found his words and offered the two a seat, "The parents here claim that their children were not the cause of the destruction in SBS's 22B, Warehouse 2 of Yeongnam-gil set station. But the black box of a car nearby recorded their faces clearly."