My son's keeper

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
After killing Mr Tran I immediatly ran outside. "Fievel!" I yelled out as I ran over the dirt. "Daddy!" Fievel yelled and ran towards me with his hands reached out. When we got to each other I fell onto my knees not caring my trousers would get dirty. Filly ran into my arms and wrapped his arms around my neck. I pulled him against my chest, shielding him from the world. "Oh Filly... my Filly" I whispered to him while he made soft sounds. I pushed him slightly back so I could kiss his cheek.

 I pushed him slightly back so I could kiss his cheek

I Finally could let out a breath to relax me a bit. I picked Filly up with me as I stood up. I walked past the rest and towards the car while saying sweet nothings in Filly's ear. "Tommy" Alfie said my name in a serious matter, "not now" I told him and opened the car door. "Tommy you should hear this" Alfie continued, "Alfie! Not now!" I yelled at him. I felt Filly shiver in my arms and I quickly rubbed his back. "Please. Not now" I told Alfie. He nodded in understanding and dropped the subject. I closed the door from the backseat and continued to rub Filly's back. Everyone understood that they shouldn't get in the back of this car with me. Only Polly was allowed and she did so too. She hopped in and gave Filly a soft smile before turning her gaze away. I looked over to John who lit some dynamite sticks and through it in the factory. As he walked towards the car the building exploded and went up in flames. Arthur and John got in the front seats and my oldest brother started the car up ready to leave. On our way home I felt Filly's weight against me increase and I noticed he had fallen asleep. The car ride home was silent. Only the sound of the car engine, Filly's sleeping sounds and the tires going from pebble road to a stone road. Finally we arrived back home and I got out the car before waving my family goodbye. "Bye" Filly said through his sleepiness and with half open eyes. "Goodnight Filly" Polly said softly. I saw that he smiled at her before placing his head back on my shoulder. He was so tired that he couldn't hold his head for that much longer. I turned around to walk inside my house. One of my maids, Clara, asked if she needed to take Fievel up to his room to put him down for bed. I shook my head "I'll take him. You can go home for tonight. See you tomorrow" I said and walked up the stairs to my own room. We arrived and Filly was almost fully asleep. I bent down and laid him down on my bed before walking to his room to grab some pjamas. I walked back and helped him get into his sleeping outfit before moving him up to the pillows. I carefully laid his head on the cushion and pulled the blanket over his body. I turned around and unbottened my dress shirt and hung it over a nearby chair. I grabbed some pjamas pants and put them on before walking over to the other side of my bed. I pulled the blanket back and got in. I saw Filly open his eyes and scoot over towards me. I pulled him closer and waited for him to fall asleep. He eventually fell asleep and I laid my head down and closed my eyes as well. The last thing that popped into my mind was the question what did Alfie want to talk about?

Published: 2 January 2021