A threat

(Filly's P.O.V.)
I sat in the Raymond's car just outside of Shelby Manor. "You think he found out?" My friend questioned as the two of us looked at the large house. I shrugged my shoulders and slightly shook my head. "I'll find out soon enough if he did" I told him before getting out. It was about 3 hours after the meeting with my father and uncles. I had no idea if my father knew my secret, because I noticed be had looked at me differently after I had told Raymond to stand down. I had seen his eyes look over me, like he searched for familiarities in the leader behind the mask and me, while not knowing the truth. It had taken everything in my power to keep a level head. "You want me to come with you?" Ray asked. I shook my head in a no, before nodding a goodbye. I heard the car turning on and driving away while I walked over the pebbles of the driveway. It seemed like it took forever but eventually I made it. As I walked through the hallway of the manor I saw my dad sitting at a table, while writing.

He didn't notice me just yet, so I decided to sneak past him to my bedroom

He didn't notice me just yet, so I decided to sneak past him to my bedroom. But of course a floorboard had to creak under my weight. "Fievel" dad's voice said loudly, demanding me to come over to him. My eyes shut and I cursed underneath my breath after realizing he had caught me sneaking past him. I actually had no intention to talk with him, I just wanted to go to my room. I turned on my heels and walked into the livingroom. He didn't lift his head from his paperwork to awknowledge me "why don't you take a seat". I shook my head and declined his offer politely. "Take a seat, Fievel" he ordered sharp. I gave him a glare, I was not used to being spoken to like that and I especially wouldn't get ordered by someone else. But I knew better than to challenge my father's power and held my tongue. After all, he ruled Birmingham and could run my business to the ground. So I swallowed my pride and pulled the chair back before sitting down.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
"How's your friend, Raymond?" I questioned after finishing writing my signature and looking up at him, "did you know he's the right hand man of the leader of the Masked?". "It's not my business what he does" he simply said. I nodded "well they not only took guns from us. But also ammunition.... like this" I said and grabbed a bullet from my pocket before putting it down on the table in front of him. "Take a good look". He didn't grab it right away, just held his eyes   directed at me. But eventually he leaned forward and grabbed the bullet to inspect the name written on it, Ray. "Right, answer me this, dad" he said leaning forward to place the bullet back down before leaning back in his chair. He didn't seem to care that I had encarved his best friends name into a bullet as a threat to kill him. It was like I was looking in a mirror to myself, Fievel had adopted my bodylanguage, my way of thinking to get into someones head, to make someone feel less powerfull. All the while the tone of his voice held mockery in it. "There comes a time when the young will succeed the old. Now the question is when?". Although I liked his confidence in challenging someone, I did not like that he directed it towards me. "Are you threatening me?" I asked him, my voice filled with warning. "Why? Do you feel threatened?" He replied with mockery. "Fievel be very carefull who you are challenging" I said standing up. He followed my move and stood up aswell. Tension rose as the two of us stared one another down, waiting for the other one to back off. I was impressed he did not back down in the slightest. But before either one of us could challenge the other again a voice came through the room "Thomas?". "Not now" I told Grace as I held my eyes to my son. "Tommy". "Not know!" I loudly yelled. Unlike me, Fievel did turn his head momentarily to look into Grace's direction before turning back to me "seems like I'm going to become a big brother tonight" he said with a smirk knowing full well I would abandon this standoff to help Grace. "We are not done" I told him harshly to which he laughed. I guided Grace outside to the car and saw Fievel stand in the doorway with his hands behind his back. "I don't want him near our child, Tommy" Grace said as I started the car, "I don't trust him".

Published: 6-jan 2023