Brother

(Ray's P.O.V.)
I stood in front of the large group of gang members. With a deep and heavy sigh I announced loudly that the leader was dead. But deep down I was thrilled, now I could go after Thomas Shelby without having Fievel in my way. A lot of the people immediatly started to call out in frustration at the loss of the leader. They began to throw questions in the air. "Who's going to be the leader now?!", "who killed the boss?!". "Alright quiet down!" I ordered but none of them complied. "Quiet!" I tried again but again no one shut their mouth. How did Fievel manage this? He always made it look easy. He never had to yell like I had to do. In fact he just had to clear his throat and the men would fall in line like soldiers. But with me they behaved like barking dogs. "Enough!" I finally yelled in anger and everyone began to quiet down. Although a couple still whispered amongst themselves it was quiet enough for me to talk. "The true identity of our leader was Fievel Shelby" I stated making more people talk in disbelief. "And it hard to tell you but the Blinders where the ones who killed him". A lot of people started to curse out the Blinders but there where a couple who had questioned "why would the Blinders kill Tommy Shelby's son?". "Fievel never called himself the son of Tommy Shelby. It was all for show to get close to Tommy so Fievel could eventually kill him". I was suprised I could sound so convincing as I lied. "That doesn't sound like Fievel Shelby" I heard one say, "he's a good actor" I shurgged, "then what is the reason that he wanted to kill Thomas?". "The Shelby's killed his brother. He wants to take revenge. A brother for a brother. But now that, may god rest his soul, he passed and can't continue it. We will honour his legacy and do it for him" I told them all, "so? Who is with me to take down the Blinders?!" I loudly exclaimed and cheering errupted in the warehouse, "good now get your guns and let's prepare for a war! Because I want revenge for my brother!". I smirked as I watched everyone spring into action. How easy it is to lie and get loyal people on your side to get what you want. Finally, I would make Thomas Shelby pay for what he has done.

Meanwhile

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
"You really want to start a war against Fievel's gang? His people where loyal to him, they won't just start a war against the bosses family just because Raymond tells them too" Polly told us, "Filly's men didn't know him as Fievel Shelby. He was Morgan to them" Arthur said, "knowing Raymond, he'll just spin a lie and blame the death on us" John added with a nodd. "Once the people make up their mind to avenge their leader there is no going back. They outman us, Tommy" Arthur said looking over at me. "I know. But we will start the war and finish it" I said before turning around to walk away, "why?" Polly questioned, "why? For christ sake. Why?". "Because that bastard deserves a war and we will bring it to him. And we won't stop untill he is laying in a puddle of his own blood gasping for air and begging for fucking mercy". "You're going to kill your own men" I heard Poll whisper as I walked away. So she thinks, but I have a plan.

Next day

I stood in Garrison court infront of my brothers and a few Blinders. "Alright. Most of you have been to war and know that battle plans often change or get fucked up. But here it is! I've been told that Raymond will come with 3 riley vans. We will be outnumbered. But it's us and we haven't lost a war yet". Everyone cheered in front of me. "Now we have about 10 minutes. So make your peace with whoever" I said and turned around to walk away. I stopped once I was far away from them. From my pocket I pulled out Fievel's peaked cap. "I'll be waiting for you" I whispered before laying down the cap on a crate that stood against the wall. "Tommy!" I heard Finn call out "they're here". I turned on my heels and walked back to Garrison court. I saw Raymond and, now his men, walk towards us. I pulled my coat back and pulled out my revolver and rolled the barrle to see how many bullets. The chamber was full. I looked back up and with my brothers and my men by my sides. We stepped forward, ready for the battle.

Just a few meters away from one another we all stood

Just a few meters away from one another we all stood. "What do you want us to do now?" Arthur asked. I watched Raymond closely, trying to see if I could find a hint of fear. But there was absolutely nothing. "What do you want to do, huh?" Raymond questioned and I could hear the cockiness in his voice. "I have more men" he said and proudly showed them off. "A small army can still win the war from the bigger army. You just need to outgun them" I told him, "you said that before. But I don't see better guns. You only have old war rifles" he laughed, "yes, we won't win with these guns" I said motioning to the rifles in my brothers hands, "but let's use proper guns" I yelled loudly. From behind me came someone walking up to us with a Lewis machine gun. "Sergeant Thorne, reporting for duty, Sir" Freddy said with a nodd as he stopped next to me. I smirked seeing Raymond's gaze fall as he realized that we had the best guns on the field. And to make it hurt even more, these are the guns that where stolen from us by the Masked gang. "How did you find them?" He sneered at me, "oh, a little Birdie told me" I simply stated. Ray looked confused and almost grew angry as he couldn't figure it out. Then from the alleyway came a whisteling figure. Like a black bird singing when the sun comes up. Lifting his head up he spoke a couple of simple words directed towards Raymond "should've pulled the trigger, brother". A scowl formed on Raymond's face as he recognized the person. "You're supposed to be dead. I killed you" he snapped, "that is where you are wrong" Fievel said stepping forward. Not caring at the guns of his former men that where being pointed at his face. "Because there is a difference between killing and leaving someone for dead. In one of them the person has a chance of survival". "I watched you burn, in that ugly wagon" Raymond called out, "that's what we made you believe" I told him.

Published: 14th of February 2023