Law of the jungle

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
The large fire crackled in front of me as it burned the wagon further. Everyone was silently watching on, not daring to say a word. Even Grace, who stood beside me, didn't say anything.

"Fievel always loved the warmth of the flame" a familiar voice spoke up

"Fievel always loved the warmth of the flame" a familiar voice spoke up. It was Raymond. He stepped beside me and watched the burning wagon aswell. Even when the flame died down and everyone left the scene. Raymond stayed beside me."you've got some nerves showing up to my son's funeral, Raymond" I said still keeping my eyes on the flames, "I'm his friend, Mr Shelby" he told me simply, "that's a lie" I replied. He turned his head to me in confusion. "I don't doubt that you once where Fievel's friend. But not anymore". He showed a clueless expression, but I knew that it was all for show. "Fievel told me. Right before he died, in my arms" I said and you could hear the coldness in my voice, "he told me that it was you who caused the crash and then left him to die in agony on a fucking dirt road". Raymond's bodylanguage changed immediatly upon realising that Fievel told that it was him. "You rather wanted to find him already dead on that road? Because I could've easily pulled the trigger of that nice gun. I thought it was a nice gesture to keep him alive.... barely" he laughed. I felt anger rise in my body but kept my cool none the less. "Let me tell you something, Mr Shelby. You already have a lot of enemies. Communist, Italians, whatever. You want to add another gang to that list. Especially one that outman's yours 3 to 1?" He questioned turning to me. "But I can offer you something" he began, "and what may that be?". "78% of your bussiness and I won't start a war against yours" he simply shrugged, "refuse my offer and we will come for you to exterminate you like some fucking insects". I chuckled but didnt respond to him. I will admit that the kid had some balls for threatening me like this. I could tell that he had watched Fievel closely whenever he had threatened me. He used the same words Fievel would use. "You want to start a war, than start it. But just remember that you will never be a predator with the Peaky Blinders, Raymond. You will always be prey. It doesn't matter if you could outman us 10 to 1" I told him. I could see anger form in his eyes and he scoffed before walking off. "Oh and Raymond" I said stopping the boy in his tracks, "Fievel always had a saying that he would so often use. I suggest you keep it in mind for the rest of your life" I told the boy, "and that is?" He questioned annoyed, "that the betrayee will eventually get to eat the betrayer". He scoffed at me "Fievel can't do anything to me anymore. He is dead" he laughed at me. Refusing to take the saying in like it should be. Like a threat. I shrugged my shoulders not really caring that he did or not. "well, you know us Gipsies, we can see and talk to the dead. And my boy is right here, by my side, and he says "give them hell".

Published: 10th of February 2023