Problems

(Fievel's P.O.V.)
"Where did you find him?" I asked as I looked closer at the photo that Reggie had provided. It was a photo of the man that had escaped, he laid lifeless on the ground. "In a barn not to far away from the farm" he told me. "I can't see his face" I said sliding it over to show Raymond. "How many would walk around like that" Regfie commented reminding me of the chain. "Im just saying that I can't see his face. You could've turned him around before you took the picture" I told him annoyed, "what does it matter? I fixed the problem didn't I?" he replied quickly. "We wouldn't have had a problem if you just did your job. Now fuck off" I told him and waved my hand dismissing him. I watched him leave my office before standing up from my chair. "I don't belief anything coming from his mouth" I said while grabbing my pack of cigarrets. I motioned for Ray to grab one and he did. "Well, maybe you trust the words coming out my mouth" he said gaining my attention. "One of our associates spotted the man in their shop. He was trying to get the chain off his ankle". I chuckled as the image popped into mt head of someone trying to cutt of a chain from his leg in a random tools store. "Why don't you go retrieve him" I told Raymond and handed him some money to pay the associate, "while I have a meeting with every head of the farms. After it I will come and see you". "Where do you want me to take him?" Ray asked taking the money from my desk. "You know where" I told him to which he nodded. The two of us walked out my office before we went our seperate ways.

"I called this meeting because the last few weeks some of us began to work pretty sloppy. All of you are in charge of keeping your assigned farm running. I gave you specific instruction on how to run them. It's fucking simple if you ask me. Am I understood?". I got responds from "yes, sir" to "understood" from everyone. Before I could dismiss everyone Reggie wanted to tell us something. "You know how we heard that the Peaky Blinders stole those guns" he said with a smirk, "well, I thought we could use them for ourself and stole them from them". Thankfully I could hold my calm expression so he or someone else wouldn't expect anything of my relationship with the Blinders. "Well done. Finally you did something right" I told him with a smile but internally I was pissed. I did not need this on my plate right now. I do not wanted to start a war with either the Blinder or the police that where looking for those stolen guns. But I couldn't show that to them because everyone was very excited about what Reggie had done. After the excitement had died down slightly I told everyone they where dismissed. "Reggie!" I loudly said gaining the boys attention, "your coming with me. I have a job for you". He nodded and followed me. He looked immense proud of himself, like he could take on the world. But little did he now, his world was about to end.

I parked the car in a clearing of the woods and got out. Regfie following my move. "What are we doing here?" Reggie asked, "I just want to speak with you" I told him while continuing to walk away from the car. "About?" He questioned, "about the gypsy-man" I replied simply, "where did you say you found him again?". "Jesus, Morgan" he said using my alias. I could hear the annoyence in his voice that I brought this up again. "How long are you going to pin that against me?", "just tell me" I said and stopped, "what do you want to hear from me?" He asked confused and annoyed, "the truth". "The truth? I already told you the truth. I found him in a nearby barn, not far from the drug farm" he explained once again and I nodded, "so you don't mean this one?" I asked and looked towards Raymond who walked up to us with a tight hold on the escaped man's arm. "Or are there more chained men walking around Birmingham that I don't know about?". Reggie gulped as he recognized the man. "Morgan, I swear I didn't lie to you. It was Arnold, he had told the lie" he quickly said to me, "blaming others for your mistake are we?" I asked him coldly, "n...no.. he was told to fix the problem" he stuttered back at me, "I recall giving you the order to fix this mess. Not Arnold" I snapped at him. "Well, I'll fix it. I'll kill him now" he said and turned to the man, "Ray, give him to me". Before Reggie could do anything, I had grabbed my knife and stabbed it right in his shoulder and he yelled out in pain "You should not have fucked with me!" I screamed in his face before pulling my blade back. "Fuck, Morgan. I thought you would only teach him a lesson" Raymond spoke from beside me. Reggie still squirmed in my grip but eventually I let him go. I turned to Raymond and the male. I grabbed my revolver and shot the man in his head killing him before turning back to Reggie. "You get one more chance, Reggie. Fuck it up. And you'll end up like him" I said pointing to the dead body. Reggie nodded face pale white and nodded. "Good. Then you can help Raymond with the body" I said and pointed to lifeless body. I took a couple steps back while Raymond handed him a shovel. I watched Reggie start to dig a hole in the ground of the forest. "Its fine" Ray evetually said after seeing the depth of the hole. The two turned to pick up man's body before throwing it into the freshly dug up hole. Raymond motioned for Reggie to fill the hole back up with the ground and he obeyed like a puppy. Raymond's eyes caught mine for a brief second and I gave him a simple nod to follow me. "Well, that's one of our problems fixed" I sighed while walking away from Reggie. "Don't tell me we have another problem" Ray replied, "Reggie and some other men stole the guns that the peaky blinders stole from the shipyard a few weeks ago". Raymond tried containing his laughter "yeah, that seems to be a problem". We both turned to warch Reggie who had no clue we where talking about his mistake. "So what are we going to do?" Ray asked breaking the silence, "we wait and see. But keep an ear open if you hear something about the missing guns. I'll do the same". He nodded confirming his next task. "Reggie!" I called and the boy looked up, "remember! One more chance" I reminded him before walking away.

Published: 12th of october 2022