A brother

(Polly's P.O.V.)
I arrived at Thomas's house and walked inside. I walked up the stairs to Fievel's room, opening the door I spotted him sitting on his bed while writing something. He turned his head as he heard the floorboards creek underneath me.

 He turned his head as he heard the floorboards creek underneath me

I walked over to him, throwing my coat on a nearby chair. Standing beside him I looked down at the paper that he was writing on. At first thought I thought he was doing some work. I knew he was running a business, it may be the rival of the Peaky Blinders at the moment, but I knew deep down it was not due to a desicion he made. Yet my nephews didn't see it like that. But what he was writing was far from anything work related, in fact, he wasn't even writing anything. He was making a drawing and the book he was holding, was a photo album. He was drawing Tommy and Grace while using the photo album as references. But there was another persoon he was drawing, a small child. Immediatly I knew that it was supposed to represent his sibling, but it was only a sketch of linework. Not as detailed as Grace and Tommy. "It's a boy" I told him telling. I saw a quick smile appear on his lips, but it was gone as quick as it came. "You want to meet him?" I questioned and he looked up at me. At first his eyes showed excitement but it quickly was replaced by something else I couldn't really place. Like the feeling of not being welcome. "I don't think that's a good idea" he said looking back down at the book and paper, "after all, Grace doesn't trust me". "But I do" I replied and his eyes glowed slightly, hearing that someone in his family still trusted him. "Come on. It's time fkr the brothers to meet each other" I said and nudged him to get him of the bed.

I parked the car in front of the hospital and looked towards Fievel. He was nervous, weather that was because he was going to meet his brother or for the reaction of the family, I did not know. I got out the car and Fievel followed right after me through the hallways. I turned to go inside a room. "What is he doing here." Grace asked harshly after seeing Fievel walk inside. "Get him out of here" she ordered turning to Tommy and the other brothers. All of them standing up to make Fievel leave as fast as possible. "Dont even think about it" I sneered at them and all of them raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Polly, he-" Arthur began but I quickly shut him up "I don't care what he did. Or what his gang did. Right now, he is just a brother wanting to meet his younger brother. That's what matters" I told him. "It's alright, Polly. I know that I'm not welcome" I heard Fievel from behind me. I looked at him and saw him turn to his father and then to Grace "congratulations. The both of you" he told them. Before turning on his heels. "Wait" Tommy said right before Fievel stepped out of the room. Slowly he turned around to face Thomas, eyes filled with hope while waiting for confirmation of his father. "Take a seat" Thomas said pointing to a chair.

(Fievel's P.O.V.)
I walked over to the chair dad pointed at. I ignored the glares from my uncles and Grace as I walked past them. I sat down and patiently waited. "I'll kill him, if he hurts my baby" I heard Grace whisper to my father. Ashamed I hung my head low, realizing no one trusted me. A pair of well polished shoes stopped in front of me and I looked up. Dad was standing in front of me and was holding his child in his arms. Without saying something I could tell he warned me to be carefull. Then he bowed down and placed the baby in my arms. My breath got caught in my throat as I looked down at the little bundle. "His name is Charles Shelby" he told me as he sat down beside me. I smile down at my baby brother. I felt my eyes hold love, pride and happiness upon seeing Charles. An instinct to protect the small one filled my core. "Hello, little brother". I don't know how long, I held the little bundle in my arms. But I do know that for the rest of the day, I kept thinking about Charlie but my mind was taken away when J walked into my office. Walking inside I saw Ray and Archie whispering amongst themselves. "Is there something you want to tell me?" I questioned the two. Both of them looked suprised that I was here and that I had busted them with something. "It's nothing, Boss" Archie quickly stated with a short laugh. I raised an eyebrow in suspiscion after hearing a slight tremble in his voice "you sure?". "We where just talking about the business" Ray told me, but instead of keeping eye contact, he adverted his eyes to the ground or the wall behind me. Something what he always does when he is lying.

Published: 15th of January 2023