A new gang rises up

(Polly's P.O.V.)
I walked towards the front door where I heard someone knocking. Omce I opened it I saw Fievel standing before me. His faciap expression was empty and emotionless but I still saw the dissapointment and anger in his eyes. Then I spotted a boquete of flowers in his hand and I sighed knowing that Tom had broken his promise of bringing Filly to his mothers grave. "We where to late" he told me after noticing my knowing look before he walked past me to go inside. I closed the door and turned to follow him inside my house. "Let me guess. It was because of Grace" I questioned and he nodded before sitting down by the table and putting his flowers down. I walked to one of the cabinets to grab a vase for his flowers. "Why don't I take you there first thing in the morning" I asked him while putting the flowers in the vase. He nodded thankfully.

The gate to the graveyard opened and both me and Fievel walked towards his mothers grave. Arriving I watched him kneel down and place the flowers down in the vase in front of the grave. He walked away to grab a watering can before coming back. He stood upright "watch out, mum. It's going to rain" he whispered before pouring the water over the flowers. I smiled hearing him continue talking to his mother. We stayed here a while before we went back home. I opened the door to the house and the two of us walked inside. I watched him go up the stairs. Eventually a knock came from the door. I got up to open the front door and saw a young guy around Filly's age standing infront of me. "Good morning, Mrs Gray" he greeted with a nodd "Is Fievel 'ere? I saw him last night and he told me he would be here". I nodded and turned around to call out to Fievel. He came downstairs and noticed that he had adapted a whole other bodylanguage with this guy. It reminded me of Thomas when he had a meeting with the family. The same power coursed through his veins that Tommy has. I also noticed that Fievel was almost speaking to the guy by his facial expression. As I closed the door a thought came up in my mind. Did Fievel start his own gang when he was away?

Published: 18th of September 2022

Myaisreading comment gave me inspiration. So thanks.