Streets of gold

(Filly's P.O.V.)
The familiar feeling of an empty stomach woke me up. I stretched and got up from my sleeping position before I went and looked for some food.

The first couple of months on the street were hard. I had a lot to learn. And if I didn't do it quick, I wouldn't eat. I started to use my head and in no time I started to feel right at home on the streets of Birmingham. Now watch how I steal my meal, because if you have talent everything is free.

I quietly followed a female who recently had done some shoppin'. I looked around if there was some cops around and there weren't. I smirked and picked up my pace before sprinting forward and bumping into her. Making us both fall to the ground. As fast as I could I grabbed the piece of bread before running away. Only hearing the curse words off the lady being shouted at me. I made it in an abandoned alleyway and caught my breath.

See? Very easy. If you just play it brave and bold. These ugly dirty streets can be gold for kids like me. There is only one rule you need to remember. If you don't want to get caught. You only get what you can and you get the hell out of there.

I sighed and chuckled with triumph. I sat down and started to eat my catch. When suddenly I heard some hooves hitting the street. My eyes widened and a smile grew on my face. I ran to the end of the alleyway and watched a beautifull black horse walk towards me. He was being ridden bareback by a man who looked very powerfull.

A lot of people started to whisper amongst themselves but I only had eyes for the horse

A lot of people started to whisper amongst themselves but I only had eyes for the horse. I watched the male swing his legs over the horse and land on the ground. He patted the horse on the neck and whispered something before tying the reins on a wooden post. I tilted my head to the side, curious as to where he was going. He had walked to a group of men, clothed in the same clothing as him, who were standing not far away from the horse. I turned my attention back to the horse. Without hesitation my legs started to walk towards the tall black horse. He turned to me and lowered his head down to my height. He sniffed and pushed me in the side. I laughed and retreated the bread from my pocket before reaching it out to him. The horse moved his ears in a happy manner before accepting my treat. I patted him over his forelock. "Seems like you made a pal" A low voice spoke from behind me. I turned around and took a step back. Making my back touch the horse's shoulder. I looked up to see the owner of the black horse. I felt intimitated by him, he had this don't fuck with me look about him. He raised an eyebrow waiting for an answer "are you pals with my horse". I quickly turned around and ran away, not wanting any trouble with this man.

(Thomas's P.O.V.)
I was talking with my brothers when suddenly Arthur chuckled. "What?" I asked him as I took a hit of my cigarette. He pointed behind me and I turned so I could see where he was pointing at. It was a child, it was near my horse. I raised my head in curiosity as I blew out the smoke. The boy was small compared to my stallion. The horse poked his nose into his side making him laugh. He grabbed a piece of bread from his pocket and held it up. The stallion happily accepted it and I heard laughing from my brothers. "That's a first. Nobody feeds a Shelby horse without askin'" Arthur snickered. I glared at him before I walked towards the two. I stopped right behind him. "Seems like you made a pal" I said to the small boy. He flinched at my sudden appearance before turning around and taking a step away from me. He looked up at me with these watchfull ice blue eyes. I raised my eyebrow "are you pals with my horse?" I asked waiting for an answer. I knew from his body language that he wasn't going to answer me because not soon after my question he ran away. I pressed the cigarette against my lips again as I watched him. Not many people dare to come near us, but it almost looked like this kid didn't even knew who I was. He only had eyes for my horse. I turned back to my horse and patted his thick neck as he watched after the boy as well, ears pricked forward. "You already missin' ya pal? Hmmm?" I asked him with a hum. He just snorted back at me.

Both lads won't know it now but that was not the last and only time they will see each other.

Published: 25th of June 2020