Participate or facilitate

(Fievel's P.O.V.)
I was in the warehouse discussing with two of my men where some shipments where heading. The warehouse is where I shipped everything from weapons, alchol, narcotics and other drugs. I noticed a changing expression on both of their faces as they looked over my shoulder. Internally groaning upon seeing my father walk over the street and towards the open doors of my warehouse.

 Internally groaning upon seeing my father walk over the street and towards the open doors of my warehouse

I watched him walk into my office, like he owned the place. He placed the bag on my desk and I notice a ticking timebomb inside it. "You two, out" I sternly told the two workers who quickly made haste in leaving. "I'll like a water" dad said as he took of his gloves, "please". I felt my jaw clench but turned to Raymond telling him to fetch dad a glass of water. Ray placed the empty glass and a jug filled with water in front of him before walking to my side. Dad chuckled but filled his own glass anyway. "To what do I owe the pleasure of having you here, Mr Shelby?" I question and sit down. "As a member of parlement-" he began. Ray and I laugh hearing the 'as a member of parlement' speech. "It is my duty to take responsibility for the welfare of my constituency, consumption of opium and any other drug is very prejudicial to health. Women give it to their children, so they can leave them untended while they work in the factories. Men loose their jobs when they become addicted". "That's not my problem" I tell him, "I do not force anyone to participate in the consumption of my drugs, Mr Shelby". "But you do facilitate" he remarked back. I chuckled at him "it seems so". "From now on, you will sell only cigarettes, cake and tea. If I hear that you are selling opium or any other drug again. Time will indeed run out very quickly for you, do you understand?" Dad told me. My eyes glance to the ticking bomb and I heard Raymond load his gun but otherwise didn't move. I folded my hands in my lap and looked at my father unamused before speaking "isn't the job of an MP to please his constituency?". He clocksized his head with interest, "then riddle me this? What will happen when the vast majority of the decent, fair-minded people in your constituency find out that it was you, their MP, that shut down their only vice?". He didn't reply and I showed a smirk. Checkmate. He wants to shut my business down and take it for the Peaky Blinders. But by doing so Tommy Shelby the MP will loose his voters who buy from me. And addicts will always chase their vice, they won't care if their health is on the line. We stared each other, trying to make the other submit to our power. But neither one of us gave it up so easily. "Anything else, Mr Shelby? Because I have some voters who need resupplying" I said cocky breaking the silence. I watched him nod impressed. "How is the search for my guns?" He then questioned. There, in a blink of an eye, he went from respected MP to the wicked gangster. "We can resolve this issue like gentlemen, Mr Morgan" dad continued. It was amusing to hear that he called me that, instead of Fievel. No matter how rivalry we get, he won't give up my true identity, "you have two options. You either bring me the guns or we can trade". "Trade?" Raymand questioned. Dad nodded "You can stop your search for the guns, in trade for 65% of your farms". "That hardly seems fair" Raymond chipped in loudly. I put my hand up stopping him from continuing to talk further while I thought about his offer. "Morgan, you aren't seriously thinking about taking his offer" Ray asked me harshly. "That's not a real bomb. Its just a lousy threat!". I keep silent and watch my father. "Ray, can you leave us for a minute" I tell my second in command. I could tell he didnt want to leave but one glance and he left with a scowl. I glance to my door to make sure no one is listening before sitting back down "I want to discuss something else with you" I tell him and continue my conversation with my dad.

Both me and Raymond watch my father walk over the street past the canal. "See, I told you it wasn't a real bomb" Raymond hissed at me, "you're getting soft". Then dad threw the bag in the cutt and not a minute later it blew up, making water spray everywhere. I turned to my second in command who realized that there was indeed a bomb just minutes ago in this very room.

Published: 26th of January 2023

Update request:
Marveltvdufanatic