Bullets

(Filly's P.O.V.)
I was pushed through the door by Richard. He also stuck his foot out making me trip. With a hard smack I landed on the wooden floor. I turned onto my back and looked up. Richard had a hold of my collar before he delivered his punches while yelling all about me being his son and not Thomas. It went on and on untill Anne tried to intervene. "Richard dont" she yelled pushing him back. But he didnt budge. Instead he reached a hand out and smacked her across the face. Before he grabbed a hold of her and smacked her against the wall, choking her. Eventhough I dont like living here, Anne has always been kind to me and tried being a mother for me. So this made me angry. I pushed myself up from the ground and stood up. Pain shot through my body but I pushed through it. "Dont touch her" I screamed at him and ran to tackle him. But he was to quick and had now pinned me to the wall by my throat. "And what are you going to do about it, boy" he asked smirk. "This" I said to him and pushed the gun against his head. He had been to busy with pinning me to the wall that he hadnt noticed that I got my gun from the back of trousers. I loaded the gun but before I fired it off he pushed my arm away. But my finger was still on the trigger and the gun had still shot a bullet off. Richard bashed my arm into the wall and the impact made me drop the gun. Richard put more pressure on my neck and I start to choke more. "Richard" a soft voice filled the room. Richard stopped applying more pressure but his hand still had an awfull grip around my neck. I watched him turn his head to the voice. Suddenly I was released and I dropped to the ground, bloody and gasping for air. "Anne!" I heard Richard scream. I looked up to see Anne holding her stomach and blood pouring through her hand before she fell to the ground. "Anne? Anne?!" He screamed for her as he made his way to her. The bullet that I had shot had hit Anne in the stomach. Richard dropped next to her and pulled her into his arms. When the panic left his voice I realized she had died. The guilt of being the one that killed Anne filled my stomach and I felt tears form my eyes. "You" Richard growled and softly pushed Anne of him to stalk over to me. He made an attempt to grab me but I ducked under his arms while grabbing my gun from the floor and made a run for the door. As I opened it, the sound of a gun being fired of filled my eardrums and soon a strike of pain went through my right shoulder. Richard had shot me with his own hunting gun. I ignored the pain and ran through the door and into the forest.

My lungs burned as I kept running. It didnt take long before the adrenaline wore of and I fell to the ground tired and in pain. I frantically looked around for a hiding spot. A falling tree, perfect. I pushed myself up and hid behind the tree to gain some energy. "Sawyer!". Everything in the forest went quiet when Richard called out. "Come out, son, and lets have a talk". I stayed still as I looked if my gun had enough bullets. Thankfully it had. "I won't hurt you. Just come out" Richard called out again. I had to move again so I threw a stick. Right after I threw it I moved again. A gunshot was heard and I flinched thinking it was meant for me. "Dont fuck with me, son. Cause the next bullet will be for you". I looked behind a tree and saw Richard walk through the woods with his gun up. I mobed back and a twig snapped underneath my foot. "Oh there you are" Richard said and I heard him make his way to me. "Shit" I cursed in a whisper before moving again. Multiple shots where fired and I quickly jumped over a fallen tree and hid behind it. I loaded my gun and tried seeing if I could shoot him.
But I couldnt see him anywhere. Fear filled my body as I looked everywhere for him.

 Fear filled my body as I looked everywhere for him

"Well hello". My body snapped around at the voice and I held my gun up ready to shoot. I was met with Richards gun as he stood on the fallen tree. "You're going to pay for killing my fucking wife" he sneered as he moved his finger onto the trigger. "I didnt kill her on purpose" I stated at him. "I dont care". Then two sets of bullets where fired from two guns. I opened my eyes and saw Richard fall backwards from the tree. I had succesfully hit him in the chest. I immediatly tried getting up as fast as I can and as fast as I could I made my way to Small Heath. While blood started to stain my hand and shirt, I began to wonder if I would even make it to Small Heath. My question was answered as I fell to the ground and blacked out.

Published: 30th of may 2021